Carolina Tractor is a major supplier of Caterpillar, Hyster and other industrial equipment, tools, parts, and service in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, and Tennessee. We service, rent, and sell a variety of heavy equipment including forestry and construction vehicles, material handling, truck engines, hydraulic systems, cranes, and power generation equipment. Our core strength is our ability to provide excellent product support for our customers and their equipment.
Are you looking for an opportunity where you truly are a partner to the business and have the ability to make a difference? This is an exciting role that will have an impact on the employees and the business for years to come. The successful individual plays a key role in implementation of programs and partners with others on the talent management, performance improvement and organization effectiveness of this growing organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Work closely with management and employees to align our team to best serve our customers
• Provide guidance and partner with managers on all phases of career development to include identification of development needs, design of development initiatives, promoting development programs within the organization, and analyzing results of career development programs
• Develop and implement leadership development programs aligned with the company’s values
• Provide day to day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, performance improvement)
• Develop partnerships throughout the organization function to deliver value added service to our employees and management that reflect the business objectives and values of the company
• Ensure compliance with all federal and state legal requirements and government reporting regulations
Education and/or Experience:
• Position requires 5-8 years experience with demonstrated success in the talent management
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or Organization Development and 7-10 years of Generalist experience.
• PHR/SPHR a plus
Specific Knowledge and Skills:
• Must have strong project management skills to implement programs
• Excellent coaching skills.
• Excellent business literacy skills.
• Strong conflict management skills.
• Strong customer service orientation
• Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
• Effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues.
• Manage multiple business units in multiple locations.
• Manage multiple conflicting priorities.
• Be flexible and available to interact with employees at all levels.
• Be self-directed and motivated.
• Take initiative to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for implementation
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook