Welcome to the premier site for constructions jobs in the USA
Post a Job
Job: Fire Sprinkler Designer, The Hiller Companies, Inc., Mobile, AL
Fire Sprinkler Designer
Mobile, AL 36601 United States
Full Benefits Available
The Hiller Companies, Inc. is a growing fire protection contractor based in the heart of the Gulf of Mexico serving the marine, commercial and industrial markets. As the longest tenured fire equipment distributor in the United States, celebrating our 97th year; Hiller products and installations are protecting lives and property all around the world. We are proud to safeguard everything from small businesses to nuclear testing facilities, yachts to aircraft carriers, and gas stations to offshore platforms.
Our Gulf Coast offices are seeking a Fire Sprinkler Designer to facilitate and prepare fire sprinkler system layout and design for our offices between Lafayette, LA and Pensacola, FL.
The Fire Sprinkler System Designer prepares code compliant fire sprinkler designs using AutoCAD and HydraCAD fire protection software, lists all materials for fabrication and purchase and detailed shop drawings for installation.
• Design fire sprinkler systems with as much accuracy and detail to enable the field installation to be completed with as few design errors as possible
• Performs field surveys and attends project specific meetings
• Develop shop drawings and hydraulic calculations for review and approval by engineering, Architects, and AHJ’s.
• Obtains permits as required, including all related duties such as preparation, delivery, corrections, etc.
• MINIMUM 5 years of experience in Fire Protection design and hydraulic calculations
• REQUIRED NICET Level lll Water-Based System Layout
• PREFERRED One year certificate from college or technical school
• Interpret and apply applicable NFPA standards to the design/layout of the sprinkler system based on the building type, construction type, hazard classification, and architectural features.
• Knowledge of all water based fire systems including dry pipe and deluge systems
• Knowledge of fire pump design for installations
• Some field installation experience is desired, but not required
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees.
• Knowledge in 2014 AutoCAD
• Hydra-CAD knowledge desired
• Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
OTHER SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Mathematical skills, including the ability to calculate percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply basic concepts in algebra and geometry.
• Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and the ability to learn quickly
• ¬Must adhere to OSHA, MSHA, and company safety policies and procedures
• Ability to Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions; such as climbing ladders, scaffolding, and high lift equipment to conduct survey's and job checks
• High School Diploma, or equivalent
• Valid Driver's License
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work well with others
• Maintain proper documentation for work performed
• Self-starter that can work with little or no supervision
• Follow verbal and written instructions
• Willing to submit to pre-employment drug screen and background check
• Travel may be required
• Health, Disability, Dental & Life Insurance Available
• Paid holiday & vacation
• 401k/Company Match
The Hiller Companies is a drug free workplace, EEO and ADA compliant
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
Construction's Top Job Board since 2006
We've been serving general construction jobs for ten years.
Browse Job Seeker Profiles and Post your Jobs today!! Take advantage of our multiple packages and save your recruiting budgets.
: Browse jobs and post your resume. Take advantage of our
job alert emails
Questions? Call 877-562-2627
Follow us on
/ Like us on
/ Join our
Post a Job
Terms & Conditions