SUMMARY: First line supervisor responsible for establishing, coordinating, and managing field inspection activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Hire and terminate field inspection personnel. Conduct performance reviews on all field employees (inspection) at least annually.
2. Review employee time sheets for accuracy weekly. See that they are submitted on a timely basis.
3. Audit inspection reports for completeness and accuracy.
4. Track inspector development, drive skillset cross training to enable all work is performed by an FLSA employee wherever possible.
5. When necessary, assist ISRs with the estimation of inspections.
6. Ensure that all field employees (inspection) understand FLSA?s safety policies. Ensure that safety toolbox talks are occurring at regular intervals and that, in conjunction with the Safety Manager that required safety training is completed and documented.
7. Support FLSA?s drug policies by ensuring that all new employees have successfully passed the drug test and that any employee injury results in drug testing.
8. Assist the Inspection Scheduler to coordinate inspections, using appropriate manpower planning tools. Augment the scheduling of inspections when necessary.
9. Provide outstanding customer service. Take action to prevent contract cancellations.
10 Daily review of the D board process to ensure continued process compliance.
11. Weekly review of on time scheduling reports and KPI?s.
12. Perform inspections when necessary.
13. Purchase or rent all equipment needed for each job and specific need.
14. Ensure that all tools are maintained in proper working order. Conduct a complete tool inventory and reports any lost or stolen tools.
15. Perform ride-alongs and customer site visits to drive the quality and efficiency of inspections. Responsible for both inspections gross profitability and completeness of inspection deficiency reporting. Set up initial inspections where necessary and manage large inspections where appropriate.
16. Assess manpower capacity vs. workload and provide recommendations to the Service Manager/Service Operations Manager for reductions or adds.
17. Train and enforce the use of any and all electronic inspection tools. Responsible for the proper functionality of field-issued electronics to include smart phones, laptops, tablets, etc.
18. Prepare for and actively participate in service group meetings.
19. Ensure that trucks are serviced regularly. Vehicle mileage should be compared to service records.
20. Manage all truck stock for inspector repair program.
Fire & Life Safety America (FLSA) is a premier life safety contractor with offices along the east coast and in Texas. FLSA encourages initiative, independence, diversity and personal career growth with sensitivity towards quality of life issues. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salary, medical and dental coverage, vacation, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance; flexible spending plan, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan.
FLSA participates in EVerify & promotes a drug-free workplace. FLSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.