Fire Sprinkler Inspector - Can work from anywhere in South Florida near a major airport (Ft. Myers, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Naples)
If you enjoy saving lives, meeting people, and travel then joining Telgian's growing team of Field Inspectors may be a great career choice for you! At Telgian, you will have the opportunity to play an indispensable role in saving lives and property from catastrophic fires while traveling throughout the South Florida region and occasionally in the Southeast US. Your role is paramount in building relationships with our expanding list of customers. Because this is a non-commission based position you will be able to focus on providing top-tier service to your customers free from pressure.
As a Telgian Field Inspector, you will:
• Perform quarterly and annual Sprinkler Testing & Inspections surveys for assigned customers and submit appropriate reports
• Perform annual alarm systems tests and inspections
• Communicate all work order status changes to our Customer Support team
• Interface with internal customers and external customers (as requested) to resolve conflicts relating to survey and report deliverables
• Identify ways to reduce cost, improve productivity and quality in the delivery of our service
To set you up for success, you will get started in your new role by attending Telgian’s exclusive Field Inspector Training (FIT) program followed by job-shadowing one of your fellow inspectors and regular interactions with the Regional Field Supervisor.
Your Compensation and Benefits:
At Telgian, we are proud to offer a unique, professional work environment where we consider all of our associates to be part of our family. We provide a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package with market leading (low!) health-care costs, and a place to advance your career. More importantly as a values driven organization, at Telgian you will be treated with dignity while having fun in your work!
In addition to a healthy compensation and benefits package, Telgian will provide all of the necessary tools to set you up for success including: computer, tablet, phone, printer, etc. We will even provide a clothing and shoe allowance along with many other perks.
About Our Company:
Telgian Corporation is a worldwide provider of comprehensive fire, security, and life safety services throughout the U.S., Canada and Mexico. Telgian offers expertise for consulting, inspections, engineering, and design of fire alarms, sprinkler systems, suppression systems, security alarms and life safety programs. We provide our clients a single-source solution for all of their fire protection and life safety needs. Our client base includes top retail chains, commercial building owners, healthcare companies, restaurants and food service, hospitality and insurance companies. We partner with architects, contractors, heavy manufacturers, industrial and commercial corporations, fire and building departments and facility managers to design a system based on our clients requirements and specifications.
At Telgian, we are looking for high performance Field Inspectors to drive Telgian's mission to save lives and property in partnership with our customers. To achieve this, you will bring the following qualifications to the table:
• A minimum of 1 years of fire sprinkler system inspection experience
• Licensed in sprinkler inspection preferred; some local licenses required, dependent on region
• NICET II certification in testing and inspections of water based systems preferred; required in certain regions.
• Knowledge of water-based systems including testing and inspection of carious makes/models of dry valves as well as full flow fire pump testing
• Knowledge and experience in alarm testing a plus, however, primary focus of role is sprinkler system inspections
• Knowledge of NFPA codes preferred, particularly NFPA-72 and NFPA-25
• Must be available for regular travel, including out of town.
• Previous experience with Joint Commission Accreditation in Healthcare a plus.
The physical requirements are consistent with light manual field labor and include regular:
• Standing, walking, turning, bending and twisting;
• Climbing (ladders); kneeling and crawling (to access tight spaces);
• Lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs; pushing up to 100lbs;
• Sitting for long periods of time, including driving and/or flying;
• Use of hands/dexterity (grasping, handling, fingering); hand-eye and foot-hand-eye coordination;
• Visual acuity, depth perception (consistent with driving requirements and close-up work).
The work environment is at customer locations for industries ranging from office or retail establishments, warehousing, hotels, healthcare facilities, and manufacturing or industrial facilities, etc. Typical working conditions may include:
• Primarily moderate, temperature-controlled (inside), with some outside work performed on the periphery of the location;
• Noise levels may range from 70-90 db (and higher on a limited basis);
• Work may be performed in public access areas as well as limited access areas including machinery and pump rooms;
• Moving hazards may include lift trucks and other moving machinery at the customer location;
• Noxious fumes may be experienced on a very limited basis.