Ranked among the nation's top 10 Construction Managers by Engineering News-Record, The LiRo Group provides integrated construction, design, and technology solutions for a broad range of public and private sector clients.
Projects are located in Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx and Staten Island.
As a Senior Construction Project Officer you would be managing multiple construction trades, budgets, change orders, reviewing contractor payments, administration and operations as well as overseeing all phases of school construction projects from initial conception through completion.
- 10-15 years of experience in construction project management.
- Experience with school construction/educational buildings preferred.
- Ability to provide overall administration and coordination of design and construction activities of both smaller rehabilitative and more complex and/or high visibility construction.
- Able to ensure the quality and high standards of performance and compliance in both design and construction.
- Experience interfacing with contractors, construction managers, local school personnel and Senior Construction Managers on project issues as well as working with architects/engineers of record regarding change orders and interpretation of contract documents, drawings, submittals/approvals and any other issues that may arise.
- Can use independent judgment to make on-site change order decisions and have the experience to negotiate with contractors.
- Bachelors' degree with experience in construction and design related field required.
- Prior construction experience in the schools/educational facilities sector preferred.
- A valid NYS driver license.
- Proficiency in MS Word/Excel and Outlook.
Please visit our website for all of our career opportunities at: https://careers-liro.icims.com
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits package and a positive work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer