Ranked among the nation's top 20 Construction Managers by Engineering News-Record, The LiRo Group provides construction management, engineering, environmental, architectural, and program management solutions for a broad range of public and private sector clients.
Our growth has created a need for a Mechanical Engineer/ HVAC for our Syosset, NY. Office.
- Design of HVAC for commercial, industrial, and healthcare facilities
- Preparation of construction documents including drawings, specifications, calculations, and details
- Approval of mechanical submittals and aid in RFI responses during construction administration
- Assume the Lead HVAC designer's role on assigned projects. May serve as Project Engineer on smaller, less complex projects
- Use engineering and design computer software to complete assigned work (i.e. Autodesk Revit MEP & AutoCAD)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
- PE Required
- Energy experience a+
- 10+ years of relevant HVAC design experience
- Knowledge of DOH "Article 28" requirements a major plus
- Intimate knowledge of New York City & NYS Building Codes.
- Ability to work independently with general instructions / guidance from project manager and produce the expected results
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to work on several projects at once
- Capable of providing technical direction and on-the-job training to less experienced designers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Visit our website at www.liro.com.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits package and a positive work environment.