CDL Tractor Trailer Driver
Do you have passion and energy? Do you have experience working with lumber and building materials (thats a plus)? Do you enjoy working with customers?
Do you want to be part of a company culture of high performing, motivated people working together in a safe and healthy environment where leadership, personal development and teamwork is recognized, valued and rewarded?
If yes, then we want to hear from you.
This is truly an exciting time to be part of a family owned business since 1931 that offers job stability and a complete line of building products and services with competitive pricing, quality products, and reliable service.
If you are interested in being a CDL Tractor Trailer Driver and part of our outstanding team, we encourage you to apply.
CDL TRACTOR TRAILER DRIVER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Primarily responsible for safely driving a commercial vehicle in compliance with safety and DOT regulations.
• Load/Unload lumber and materials at the BGS branch locations.
• Travel to ports to pick-up lumber and building materials for distribution.
• Assist in unloading lumber and materials required at customer job sites, ensuring no damage to material. Assist customer with the placement of material at the job site.
• Ensure compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines
• Detect, eliminate or minimize safety hazards.
• Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspection of assigned vehicle and report any discrepancy to the dispatcher immediately.
• Maintain accurate vehicle records and logs
• Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
• Check load and ensure it is properly secured before leaving the yard.
• Check load to Ensure correct material and amount of material is being delivered.
• Drive within the laws and rules of the state.
• Other duties as requested directed or assigned.
CDL Tractor Trailer Driver Requirements:
CDL TRACTOR TRAILER DRIVER QUALIFICATIONS:
• Valid NJ CDL Class A license with proper endorsements.
• Ability to meet all USDOT physical regulations.
• Clean Driving record.
• Ability to follow written and/or oral instructions.
• Ability to read, interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations policies and/or procedures.
• Ability to read maps and navigate to job sites in a timely manner.
• Previous lumber or building supplies experience strongly desired.
• At least one year of driving experience preferred.
• High school diploma or GED preferred.
• Work schedule will typically be Monday Friday, but must be able to work Saturday if needed.
CDL TRACTOR TRAILER DRIVER PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• The position regularly requires standing, walking, sitting, talking and hearing. It frequently requires the use of hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with the hands and arms throughout the day.
• Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds.