Ranked among the nation's top 10 Construction Managers by Engineering News-Record, The LiRo Group provides integrated construction, design, and technology solutions for a broad range of public and private sector clients.
Due to our continued growth, The LiRo Group is seeking an experienced Senior Structural Engineer for an immediate opening in our Mineola, NY office to work on a wide variety of projects both for the municipal and private sector.
- We are seeking the services of a Senior Structural Engineer with experience in building design, and/or highway, and/or marine design, to be responsible for various structural design projects including foundation design, retaining wall and waterfront projects
- The candidate shall be capable of independently managing projects including all technical and administrative functions
- Provides input to the development of engineering budget and schedule to meet requirements
- Project coordination with internal team members, sub-consultants, and clients
- Business development, preparation of proposals, and attendance at presentations as needed
- Analyze and design of buildings and structures
- Perform quality control review of design calculations or drawings
- Manage and review design efforts for alignments, drainage, utilities, grading, and traffic
- Prepare technical documents such as construction bid documents, technical specifications, and technical reports
- Bachelor's degree in Structural or Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of site civil design experience
- PE License is required
- Knowledge of design standards such as NYSDOT, AASHTO and AREMA
- Proficient in using STAAD, SAP, AutoCad, or similar software is desirable
- Solid verbal and written communication skills are required
- Ability to mentor staff
- Able to work in a team environment
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits.
Please visit our website for all of our career opportunities at: https://careers-liro.icims.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer