We are a fast-growing company located in Dallas and we are looking for an experienced CNC Mill Machinist to join our team. We offer highly competitive pay, full benefits and a tight-knit family culture that builds teamwork around mutual success. Day Shift, Super clean, A/C shop.
POSITION SUMMARY Responsible for independently setting up and operating CNC machines. Must be able to read and comprehend blueprints. Produce complex parts from a variety of materials, within close tolerances, without assistance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Program, setup and run our CNC Mills and horizontal machining centers.
• Review print & work order.
• Start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
• Verify conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
• Notify supervisor or lead man of nonconforming product.
• Deburr parts as necessary.
• Complete work order documentation & first piece inspection.
• Proof program & edit as necessary.
• Optimize tooling & programs to increase production.
• Check calibration on QC instruments.
• Meet cycle time rates established for specific part numbers.
• Insure timely flow of parts through the machine shop by following set procedures.
• Read and interpret blueprints and drawings with the ability to run parts from prints.
• Completes all necessary paperwork related to job.
• Accurately uses measurement tools such as micrometers, verniers, height gage, bore gage, and attribute style gages.
• Follows all 5S practices and supports lean activities, as well as safety regulations policies and procedures.
• Performs necessary quality checks of parts including the effective use of calipers, micrometers, and functional gauges. Must be able to indicate parts..
• Ability to proficiently operate, edit, and set up CNC Machine Equipment, with at least 5 years experience.
• Ability to read and interpret work orders, blueprints, and/or verbal work instructions.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Must have working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD & T).
• Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra and geometry.
• Ability to calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input, edit computerized machine control media or the use of conventional machining techniques (i.e.: digital readout and use of dials).
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
In addition, we look for people who share the Kenney Industries Core Values:
- Maintains Accountability Reliable and committed.
- Remains Teachable Looking to grow; Never Stagnate.
- A Job Well Done Cares about quality; Notices the little things that make a big difference.
- Reactive to the Needs of Others Were all a team; Here when you need us.
- Conquering Attitude No problem too big; Finding the good in all situations.
We highly encourage HUBZone residents to apply! Preference may be given if you reside in a HUBZone. Click the following link to see if your address qualifies: HUBZone Map
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly focused, self-motivated, team player. We offer a highly competitive compensation package including medical, 401k plan, life insurance, paid holidays, paid vacations and excellent growth opportunity.
Pay range $20 - 28/hr DOE.
Job Type: Full-time