TNT Pipe and Tube, LLC, a Heidtman Steel venture, is installing a new state-of-the-art tube mill at our Erie, MI location, and is looking for a Tube Mill Supervisor. This is a dynamic opportunity with a new operation with growth plans. This position reports to The Director of Mill Operations.
The Tube Mill Supervisor is responsible for overseeing plant operating activities in order to meet business objectives. You will be accountable for all aspects of plant performance and will ensure that objectives are obtained in a cost-effective manner thats consistent with the Quality requirements for products. You will work hand and hand with other supervisors as well as shop floor employees to assist in meeting our production requirements. This is a Hands-on job that will require working alongside your employees..
• Follows and Maintains workplace safety practices set forth by TNT Pipe & Tube Policy
• Follow work instructions and procedures to perform essential functions
• Train and develop all employees related to the Tube Mill
• Continuous improvement of operation and employees
• Follow production schedules
• Create Production Schedules as necessary
• Supervise Changeovers
• Fill out all operating reports and quality reports as required maintains reports
• Assist in mill changeovers as necessary
• Communicates any irregularities or malfunctions to managers and/or maintenance for correction
• Assist maintenance in making repairs
• Active participation required during breakdowns, bottlenecks, and scheduled downtime
• Maintain a clean and safe work Plant
• Other duties as assigned
• 5 years experience Supervising tube mill production (required)
• Technical experience with outside diameter tube coating a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication
• High School Diploma/GED (required)
• Bachelors Degree and/or equivalent experience (preferred)
• Basic Computer Knowledge
• Hi-Lo License/Crane License Preferred
TNT Pipe and Tube, LLC is a new business venture with the support of Heidtman Steels management, resources, and experience. While this Erie, MI tube mill is TNTs first tube mill, TNT, with the backing of Heidtman Steel, has significant growth plans and opportunities. Heidtman Steel provides the extensive range of steel processing capabilities associated with a large service center network. A 60 plus year legacy, combined with a leadership team on the cutting-edge of innovation, that delivers an un-paralleled commitment to the service center industry all while maintaining the can do attitude that only a privately-owned company can provide.