The Office Assistant is an important administrative and support role at Heidtman Steel for both the Sales and Purchasing departments. This job has key functions of timely reporting, data entry, and internal investigation and communications. The successful candidate will have advanced computer and interpersonal skills and must be able to adapt to changing needs in a dynamic industry.
• Using customer portals and EDI to generate sales orders for high transaction accounts.
• Exporting OTD data from ERP to Excel and creating tables/graphs to highlight most frequent assigned causes.
• Comparing outside processing vendor invoices to processing purchase orders/completed production to clear.
• Updating quarterly and monthly priced customers orders based on monthly published CRU.
• Prepare purchase orders (POs) for entry by verifying grades, pricing, and other specifications.
• Responsible to price item based on product extras, verify ship to, and authorize payment.
• Resolve shipment errors with suppliers and address material defects form the mill, determine whether acceptable, and produce appropriate documentation for debit to claims department.
• Confirm all purchase orders (POs) of issue for quantities, pricing and delivery dates
• Update system with accurate delivery dates
• Follow up on late POs and push for updated delivery information
• Verify invoices from the mills are correct and authorize payment.
• Check the status of material with mill and expedite when necessary.
• Maintain spreadsheet for monthly contract tons per mill and adjust monthly price changes per mill contract..
• High School Diploma or GED required; Higher Education preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office products
• Ability to stay on task with frequent interruptions
• Accustomed to working in a team environment with multiple teammates requesting assistance
• Must have high attention to detail and sense of urgency
• Steel service center knowledge, Customer Service experience
• Sale & Manufacturing knowledge is helpful
Benefits of Working as part of the Heidtman Team
We are a family owned business, we treat our employees like they are part of the family. We recognize employees are the number one resource of the company. We understand the importance of listening to and reinvesting in our employees. We offer a wide range of benefits from financial planning to tuition and gym membership reimbursements.
Vacation time after 6 months of service
Work boot vouchers
Full health insurance
401 k matching
And much more!
We also offer internal career opportunities:
Career development plans
Training at Heidtman University
Outside training seminars
Third party training brought in as needed
Benefits include: medical, dental, vision and Rx, pension plan, 401(k) plan, flexible spending account, short term and long term disability benefits, life insurance, health club reimbursement, tuition assistance, paid holidays, vacations and more!
Apply now to be considered for the Heidtman Team!