Engineering Technician III (High Speed Mobil Sea Target HSMST Installer)
Work Location: Naval Base Ventura County, Port Hueneme, CA
Roles & Responsibilities:
Full Time position-Seaborne.
The Engineering Technician III performs assignments that are not completely standardized or prescribed, selects or adapts standard procedures or equipment, using fully applicable precedents, receives initial instructions, equipment requirements, and advice from supervisor or engineer as needed, performs recurring work independently. Work is reviewed for technical adequacy or conformity with instructions. This technician performs at this level one or a combination of such typical duties as:
- Main duty - supporting engineering level installation and repair of High Speed Mobil Sea Target (HSMST)
- Required to work in, on and around various types of seaborne targets installing remote-control electronic components and wiring of marine equipment.
- Using technical fabrication experience the team member is required to mount, fasten, connect, terminate and test proprietary electronic systems.
- Use of powered hand tools is mandatory
- Constructing components, subunits, or simple models or adapts standard equipment; may troubleshoot and correct malfunctions; 107
- Following specific layout and scientific diagrams to construct and package simple devices and subunits of equipment.
- Conducting various tests or experiments which may require minor modifications in test setups or procedures as well as subjective judgments in measurement, selecting, preparing, and operating standard test equipment and records test data;
- Extracting and compiling a variety of engineering data from field notes, manuals, lab reports, etc., processing data, identifying errors or inconsistencies, selecting methods of data presentation.
- Assisting in design modification by compiling data related to design, specifications, and materials that are pertinent to specific items of equipment or component parts; developing information concerning previous operational failures and modifications, and using judgment and initiative to recognize inconsistencies or gaps in data and seek sources to clarify information.
- Duties are performed both indoors and outdoors.
- Outdoor duties may be performed on shore and afloat on even or uneven surfaces, which may be dry or wet.
- Requires the ability to work in a seaborne environment with some shift work, at remote locations with occasional over-night assignments.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Travel to remote working locations required and routine deployments on support and target vessels may be required, INCONUS and occasional OCONUS for mission support.
- Overtime required at times to support operations.
- Work Schedule currently is a 9/80 schedule (Mon Thurs 9 hours, alternating Friday, 1 work 8 hrs. 1 off)
Possess High School Diploma or equivalent.
Must have 4+ yrs in electrical/mechanical work with ability to read and follow instructions and schematics
Current CA Driver License required.
U S Citizenship required.
Must obtain an U.S. DoD Security Interim Clearance prior to hire date, final clearance must be granted and clearance must be maintained throughout employment.
Must pass pre-employment physical to include: Physical, Drug Screen, Vision & Hearing testing, Medical Condition Certification and back x-ray.
All candidates will be required to pass a consumer report and/or consumer investigation to include SSN, Driver Record and Criminal Background Investigation.
Systems Application & Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.