Ranked among the nation's top 10 Construction Managers by Engineering News-Record, The LiRo Group provides integrated construction, design, and technology solutions for a broad range of public and private sector clients.
Due to our continued growth, we are seeking a Health and Safety Inspector for various high-profile projects throughout the Metropolitan area.
- Conduct safety inspections at various project sites and develop a report at the end of each inspection
- Assist in developing internal Health and Safety procedures and programs
- Conduct safety related training
- Assist business units in the development of measurable targets and objectives.Provide compliance assistance to projects
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in EH&S field with program management / development responsibilities
- Technical / Undergraduate / Master Degree in safety or related field (preferred but not required)
- Certification in at least one of the following preferred: CSP, ASP, CHST, CIH
- Extensive knowledge of relevant safety requirements including OSHA, NYC DOB, NYC DEP, DOT, local, state and federal regulations
- OSHA 30 Construction
- OSHA-500 Authorized Outreach Trainer preferred, but not required
- Experience in dealing with regulatory agencies, safety professionals and insurance company representatives
- Intermediate computer skills with the ability to use MS Office with proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Strategic thinking and leadership skills
- Strong planning, scheduling, and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
The position requires conducting jobsite audits that may involve walking over uneven terrain, climbing ladders, and working from heights including scaffolds.
LiRo offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits and opportunities for training and advancement.
Visit our website: www.liro.com
Equal Opportunity Employer