Ranked among the nation's top 10 Construction Managers by Engineering News-Record, The LiRo Group provides integrated construction, design, and technology solutions for a broad range of public and private sector clients.
Due to the continued expansion of our Telecommunications division, we are seeking an IP Security Systems Engineer for our Syosset, LI Office.
The IP Security Systems Design Engineer will design low voltage systems (e.g. access control, intrusion alarm, video surveillance, mass notification). The selected candidate will also be responsible for coordinating with outside vendors in support of the build of these systems on structured cabling systems, site audio/video, camera/server, sound masking, electronic controls, etc.
- Serve as a technical resource for responding to Requests for Information/Proposal (RFI/P) related to designing low voltage systems design, support infrastructure, installation, and testing/certification
- Interpret project plans and other construction documents at a high level of understanding, including but not limited to specifications, reporting, and quality requirements
- Prepare and submit RFI/RFP responses prior to the due date to the specifications, plans and/or scope of a project
- Manage client and vendor relationships during project implementation, maintaining project scope, budget and schedule, and able to confidently and effectively communicate adjustments for the successful delivery of projects
- Responsible for proper product application, accurate estimate generation and detailed proposal creation based on customer/RFP requirements, construction document constraints, and known performance standards
- Continuous follow up on projects in construction and new business leads
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a related discipline (Construction Technology, Industrial Distribution, etc.)
- Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) and/or Cisco CCNP certification preferred
- Must possess a minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience in Access Control and Video Surveillance Systems. Additional experience in Building Automation, Fire Alarm, Audio/Video, and/or IP network-based systems is a plus
- Thrive in a fast-paced, detail-oriented team environment and has the ability to maintain excellent relationships while providing a high level of customer service
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and MS Project)
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Must have demonstrated verifiable ability to define a project, create a project scope of work, and develop detailed associated tasks
Please visit our website for all of our career opportunities at: https://careers-liro.icims.com
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits package and a positive work environment
Equal Opportunity Employer