Job: Fire Protection Engineer, Global Fire Protection Group, LLC, Phoenix, AZ
As a Fire Protection Engineer at Global Fire Protection Group, you will be the primary contact for customer facing project work. This key position works closely with AHJ’S and clients to ensure projects are compliant and being completed as assigned. The right candidate for this position can meet required deadlines and communicate effectively with customers and jurisdictional authorities. Must be organized, detail oriented, highly motivated and able to work independently and efficiently.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for engineering and/or design function on specific projects, delivering effective and
cost-efficient alternatives and solutions for the project.
• Develop and deliver reports to clients on recommended updates to ensure compliance and /or
operational functionality of fire, suppression and/or life safety systems
• Provide code and standard references, as well as, document research, reports and interpretations
for fire protection applications.
• Meet with jurisdictional authorities and clients as needed to resolve compliance questions
• Continuously review, and maintain a working knowledge of, changing codes, standards, industry
specifications and practices to ensure compliance.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field, required
• 5 years field engineering/consulting experience in fire protection, required
• Professional Engineer (PE) certification (or ability to obtain), required
• Certified Fire Protection Specialist, preferred
• Ability to travel 50-75%
• Bilingual preferred
• Working knowledge of Fire, Life Safety and Building Codes and NFPA Standards
• Ability to manage time and meet deadlines and budgets
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Working competency with MS Office & MS Project software
Due to project locations, and travel requirements, candidates near a major airport in one of the following metropolitan areas is preferred: Las Vegas, Phoenix, Portland, or Seattle. Other locations in Western U.S. will be considered if located near a major airport.
NO PLACEMENT AGENCIES PLEASE
Global Fire Protection Group, LLC is a fire and life safety engineering, consulting, and design company uniquely focused on both active and passive fire protection. We work throughout the world for our customers, and have engineers licensed in all US states and most Canadian provinces. We specialize in helping customers with new construction, upgrades, remodels, and facility services. Our work focuses on jurisdictional interface, systems planning and evaluations, third party inspection services, and training services.
Global Fire Protection Group is growing rapidly and looking for qualified fire and life safety professionals that share our passion for delivering exceptional service, meeting customer needs, and working within our industry to bring a sensible protection approach to the forefront.