Speedling Incorporated is a global leader in the production of transplants for seeded vegetables, ornamentals, and vegetative propagated products for over 50 years with locations in Florida, Georgia, Texas and California. Guided by faith and integrity, our mission is to cultivate opportunities for our customers and employees by providing exceptional customer service along with consistent quality products.
The successful Administrative Assistant will create efficiencies by proactively organizing and coordinating all administrative support needed. The Admin Asst will handle a wide variety of complex and confidential challenges. This includes performing administrative tasks, assist with reporting, scheduling, coordination of meetings and conferences, PO requisitions, and working on special projects. The Admin Asst will be customer service oriented (internal and external), use independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload, recommend changes in office practices or procedures. They will ensure that all activities are performed following written work instructions and ensuring all work is performed in accordance with safety policies and regulations to promote a safe working environment.
OUR EMPLOYEES ARE OUR #1 ASSET! Speedling offers a competitive salary, medical, dental, company-paid life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k) plan, paid vacation and holidays. Speedlings Employee Enrichment Committee is committed to offering activities to help our employees pursue health and wellness.
If you are proactive, goal-driven and looking to grow your career, become part of a team that Feeds the World and Makes it a More Beautiful Place, apply now!
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains flow of information and office efficiency by organizing office operations and procedures, handling correspondence, designing file systems.
- Greet and direct visitors coming to the nursery
- Process receipt of seed and cuttings, match invoices, prepare receipts for customers
- Assist with Labor Requisitions, KPIs, P.O. Requisitions.
- Keeps management informed by running, analyzing special reports as needed and bringing to the attention of the Nursery Manager any issues and trends that require attention and/or resolution.
- Accurate maintenance of office records.
- Assist with shipping coordination and documents
- Maintain Time and Attendance records
- Enforce safety regulations at the work areas
- Maintains a high level of professionalism when dealing with internal and external customers.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- High School diploma or equivalent, 2+ years administrative/clerical experience.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Clean criminal history and drug-free.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate high ethical standards.
- Possess strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to flex work schedule at times based on the needs of the business.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.
- Current 1st aid/CPR certification, or ability and willingness to obtain one.