Engineering Technician V Field Engineer
Work Location: Eglin Air Force Base, FL
This technician performs non-routine and complex assignments involving responsibility for planning and conducting a complete project of relatively limited scope or a portion of a larger and more diverse project, selects and adapts plans, techniques, designs, or layouts, contacts personnel in related activities to resolve problems and coordinate the work, reviews, analyzes, and integrates the technical work of others. Supervisor or professional engineer outlines objectives, requirements, and design approaches. Completed work is reviewed for technical adequacy and 108 satisfaction of requirements. This incumbent may train and be assisted by lower level technicians, and performs one or a combination of the following:
• Prepares designs and specifications for various complex equipment or systems (e.g., a heating system in an office building, or new electronic components such as solid state devices for instrumentation equipment).
• Plans approach to solve design problems; conceives and recommends new design techniques; resolves design problems with contract personnel, and assures compatibility of design with other parts of the system.
• Designs and coordinates test set-ups and experiments to prove or disprove the feasibility of preliminary design; uses untried and untested measurement techniques; and improves the performance of the equipment. May advise equipment users on redesign to solve unique operational deficiencies.
• Plans approach and conducts various experiments to develop equipment or systems characterized by (a) difficult performance requirements because of conflicting attributes such as versatility, size, and ease of operation; or (b) unusual combination of techniques or components. Arranges for fabrication of pilot models and determines test procedures and design of special test equipment.
• Additional duties may be assigned to support contract/mission support requirements in job-related areas.
This position will be subject to substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Conditions will vary. Work will be performed indoors and outdoors. Duties will include 45% standing, 25% walking, 20% sitting, 5% reaching, and 5% lifting. The employee must be capable of lifting 50-100 pounds assisted by other employees.
• Must be a technical or service school graduate with a minimum of six years of experience working with ground based radar systems.
• Must have a good working knowledge of troubleshooting, repair, alignment, and operation concepts for complex ground based radar systems is required. Must have an understanding of computer controlled instrumentation, as well as analog and digital interface equipment.
• Knowledge of real-time hardware-in-loop (HITL) applications is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of active and passive Phased Array Antenna Technology is highly desired.
• Applicant must possess a good operational knowledge of various types of test equipment, including spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, signal generators, power meters, and frequency counters.
• Knowledge of RF components and radar subsystems, including transmitters, receivers, and servo systems is required.
• Knowledge of mathematics including algebra and basic trigonometric functions.
• Capable of planning, designing, and experimenting with complex test setups or equipment modifications such as the writing of software and designing of hardware for remote controlling of equipment through a computer link.
U S Citizenship required
Must obtain a U.S. DoD Secret Security Clearance prior to hire date and clearance must be maintained throughout employment.
All candidates will be required to pass a consumer report and/or consumer investigation to include SSN, Driver Record and Criminal Background Investigation.
Must pass pre-employment physical to include: Drug Screen, Vision & Hearing testing, Medical Condition Certification and Back X-ray
All applications are kept strictly confidential
Systems Application & Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.