Work Location: NAWS China Lake, California
This technician performs simple routine tasks under close supervision or from detailed procedures. Work is checked in progress or on completion. This person performs one or a combination of such typical duties as: a. Assembling or installing equipment or parts requiring simple wiring, soldering, or connecting. b. Performing simple or routine tasks or tests such as tensile or hardness tests; operating and adjusting simple test equipment; records test data. c. Gathering and maintaining specified records of engineering data such as tests, drawings, etc.; performing computations by substituting numbers in specified formulas; plotting data and draws simple curves and graphs.
Under the supervision of more senior technicians, perform research of engineering changes, maintenance, warehouse inventory, shipping, receiving, and delivery of parts/components to support the Weapons System Sustainment (WSS) Branch. Work will identify deficiencies, track repairs to weapons and/or support equipment, and manage the life-cycle of in-service weapons. Perform as a member of a project work team. Work is performed as directed by Contract Management and/or Team Lead. Routine and non-routine work may be reviewed in progress for technical adequacy or conformance with instructions.
Utilizing technical manuals, checklists, and standard operating procedures (SOP), perform visual inspection and test weapons, weapon systems, components, and containers. Document all discrepancies discovered during inspection, and notify Team Lead for disposition of noted discrepancies.
Perform intermediate level maintenance of weapons and weapons systems, to include but not limited to replacement of wing slot seals, fairings, and other weapons piece parts. Perform depot level maintenance in accordance with weapons program technical manuals and SOPs, to include but not limited to replacement of energetic and non-energetic weapons and weapon system components, as well as repair containers and replace container parts when required. Fabricate new containers to facilitate transportation of parts and components, transport non-energetic assets when required.
Document all maintenance/repair actions, to include name of asset, serial number, national stock number, date of repair, materials used in repair, and other applicable data elements as necessary to insure a complete record of each maintenance action performed.
Utilize common and peculiar support equipment, test equipment, and common hand tools, as specified in the technical manuals and SOPs, while conducting all intermediate and depot level maintenance. Safely utilize forklifts, cranes, and vehicles to transport assets. Other tasking, as required, to support customer contract requirements.
Conditions will vary. Capable of working outdoors and in temperatures ranging from 0-120F. Position will include: 45% standing, 20% bending, 15% reaching, 5% sitting, 5% walking, and 10% lifting. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Vocational/technical training beyond high school from an academic institution, equivalent military training, or specialized on the job training (OJT) required.
- Minimum of 1 year practical experience in laboratory testing, manufacturing, or maintenance.
- Must be skilled in the use of common hand tools, measuring instruments, mechanical assembly, and hand-held power tools. Must have the ability to interpret drawings, technical publications, and standard operating procedures (SOPs). Capable of working with a team or as an individual.
- Experience using forklifts, with prior certification highly desired. Must possess ability to work tactfully with professional engineers, technicians, customers, and management staff on all levels of effort.
- Must be capable of adhering to all Federal, State, and Company safety regulations.
- Must possess a valid California drivers license.
- U.S. Citizenship and U.S. DoD SECRET Security Clearance required for hire, and to be maintained throughout employment.
All candidates will be required to pass background screening to include SSN, Driver Record, and Criminal Background Investigation.
All responses will be handled with strict confidentiality.
Systems Application & Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status