Work Location: Naval Base Ventura County, Point Mugu, CA
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Electronics Technician Maintenance II applies basic and some advanced technical knowledge to solve routine problems by interpreting manufacturers' manuals or similar documents. Work requires familiarity with the interrelationships of circuits and judgment in planning work sequence, in selecting tools, testing instruments, and is reviewed for compliance with accepted practices. This technician works under immediate supervision and achieves technical guidance, as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician
Under limited supervision, the incumbent applies technical working knowledge to perform tasks on various types of electronics and avionics work on aerial target systems and subsystems (BQM-34, BQM-177, or BQM-74 Targets). These tasks typically involve assisting higher level technicians or assuming lead positions in activities such as build-up or replacing aerial target components, wiring harnesses/circuits, troubleshooting systems and subsystems, repairing simple electronic equipment; using tools and common test equipment; and receiving technical guidance, as required, from the supervisor or higher level technicians. Candidate will be required to maintain equipment logs, maintenance action forms and work-time tracking sheets. Need to have the ability to work with small cads (pyro technic devices) and targets specific rocket motors (JATO). Will also need the ability to learn aerial target launch pad evolutions both at Pt. Mugu and deployed sites.
The position requires following OSHA and Navy mandated safety guidelines with specific periods of use for safety glasses, outdoor use of respirator, hearing protection, steel toe shoes, and possible fork lift license. Will require other specific driver license or operator qualifications for target specific support.
Conditions will vary. Most work accomplished in enclosed buildings. There will be work on the range throughout the year so temperatures will vary. Travel required. They will include 45% standing, 25% walking, 20% sitting, 5% reaching, and 5% lifting. The employee must be capable of lifting 50-100 pounds assisted by other employees.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in performing systems Operations & Maintenance. (4790 Maintenance experience desired)
- Possess a strong basic avionics/electronics background, engine experience desired
- Must be knowledgeable in testing systems and components to ensure functionality in accordance with procedures defined in NAVAIR manuals using specified test equipment.
- Work requirement includes using hand tools, power tools, and engine and electronic test equipment.
- Applicant must be able to read and interpret maintenance manuals, service bulletins, technical data, engineering data, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Computer / Networking I MS Office.
- Current US Driver License required.
- U.S. Citizenship and must have current SECRET clearance with adjudication date completed in the last 5 years. Must provide an updated sf86.
- Ability to pass an Industrial I FAA Class 3 or comparable physical (such as a commercial driver license physical)
All candidates will be required to pass a consumer report and/or investigation to include SSN, Driver Record, Credit, and Criminal Background Investigation.
All responses will be handled with strict confidentiality.
Systems Application & Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.