In conjunction with District Manager, responsible for customer development at FLSA districts and providing bids and negotiating pricing for FLSA’s fire protection services. Sales / Estimators are responsible for managing the work landed to a profitable conclusion acting as project manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Preparing project estimates using the Estimating Checklist and as appropriate, working with the District Manager, District Design Manager, Field Superintendent, and Purchasing Manager.
- Negotiates with customers over scope, price, installation schedule, and change orders. If project is awarded, responsible for preparing the Project Data Sheet and providing to District Design Manager at the kick-off meeting.
- Responsible for ongoing project management of projects sold and working with the Design Manager and Field Superintendent to ensure that the job is managed to a profitable conclusion.
- Meeting annual sales goals agreed to with District Manager.
- Calling on and entertaining prospects and customers.
- Representing FLSA at industry meetings such as AGC and ABC.
- Staying abreast of market opportunities through sales calls, CMD, Dodge Reports and other market related information.
- At regular intervals, but at least once a year, work directly with the District Manager to assess customer relationship profitability.
- As required or necessary, visit FLSA project sites.
- Expected to meet or exceed annual quota assigned during the budgeting process.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma, two –year degree, BA, BS, or engineering degree or experience or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Strong working knowledge of fire sprinkler codes. NICET education preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered assuming individual pursues NICET education.
Strong working knowledge of design, including design and field survey techniques, calculation methods, and stock listing.
A valid drivers license is required. This job requires traveling to job sites as well as client meetings. In order to drive on behalf of the company, employee must pass company MVR requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will be required to walk job sites, including stairs and uneven terrain. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Strong working knowledge of personal computers.
LANGUAGE AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Ability to read and write clearly. Ability to present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, AHJs (Authorities Having Jurisdiction) and the general public.
Good interpersonal skills are required to market FLSA and develop sound customer relationships.
Strong math skills are required to develop sound project estimates and use FLSA’s estimating program.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to the District Manager.
Fire & Life Safety America (FLSA) is a premier life safety contractor with offices along the east coast and in Texas. FLSA encourages initiative, independence, diversity and personal career growth with sensitivity towards quality of life issues. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salary, medical and dental coverage, vacation, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance; flexible spending plan, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan.
FLSA participates in EVerify & promotes a drug-free workplace. FLSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
Fire & Life Safety America is one of the fastest growing companies in the southeast and is proud of a well-deserved reputation for quality work and a talented, experienced installation workforce. Installing, servicing and inspecting all types of fire sprinkler systems: Wet, Dry, Pre-Action, and Deluge, as well as, Fire Alarm Systems; and Foam and Special Hazard Systems.
To maintain this high level of skill and experience, the company supports an approved apprenticeship program, provides on-going safety and fire protection training programs for field and technical staff, and remains a leader in meeting changing industry standards. We challenge our employees to continue training and education and to pursue NICET certifications.
Our Mission is to be the respected and recognized high quality, profitable leader in providing quality life safety solution in partnership with our customers while also offering long term opportunities through growth for employees, suppliers and shareholders.
We continually strive to be a “Destination Employer” for highly motivated Team Members whom want to succeed in a fast-paced environment. We encourage initiative, independence, diversity, and personal career growth with sensitivity to quality of life issues.
Fire & Life Safety America offers extensive training opportunities, career advancement, competitive pay, bonus opportunities, and an excellent benefit package. Our benefits package includes:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance for Team Members and dependents
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Employee Referral Program