As an Operations Manager, your duties will include:
Plans, organizes, directs, and controls the activities required for effective management of the operations, and service teams. Partners with management to foster a positive and collaborative working environment. Drives and supports the strategic direction to ensure customer satisfaction, quality and profitability are maintained throughout the lifecycle of sales, installation and service utilizing current technology. The Operations Manager will be expected to develop and maintain fiscal responsibility, encompassing pre-bid review, job costing, reporting, cash flow management, inventory management, fleet/asset maintenance, resource development and resource optimization. Other duties and tasks as assigned.
TYPICAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
• Provide insight, assistance, and timely feedback to recruiting team regarding recruitment and hiring practices to ensure operation departments are staffed adequately with resources with appropriate skillsets.
• Effectively provide ongoing collaboration with Human Resources to ensure on-boarding for new employees and career paths for current employees relevant to current technology.
• Highlight and communicate elements to operation’s team members wanting to advance tiers for professional and salary growth.
• Work with owner to establish individual and department goals to maintain alignment with industry technology and our vision.
• Implement company productivity standards, goals and objectives that align with our strategic direction and communicate these expectations to team members.
• Utilize daily, weekly, and monthly internal reports to best analyze and take corrective action regarding: billing, service delivery, inventory, fleet management, time portal management.
• Determine appropriate staffing levels for Operations and Service Teams.
• Provide and coordinate requests for contract and/or bid reviews in a timely manner to ensure enough time to collaborate with essential teammates.
• Work with direct reports to set and meet achievable professional development goals.
• Delivers safety training to direct reports and ensure compliance to our safety standards and programs.
• Follow procedures and standards for quality installations and service.
• Maintain accurate project information with in our shared files and system.
• Maintain and protect assigned our assets (vehicles, phones, laptops, etc.).
• Ensure apps and other internal technology is being utilized.
• Represent our company in a professional manner.
• Ability to lift occasionally and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities include close vision and color vision.
• Manual dexterity required for frequent reaching, climbing, and lifting of moderate objects, operation of power and manual tools/equipment, and operating office equipment.
• Ability to stand and work on a ladder; must have the ability to reach and work overhead.
• Develop and maintain a professional management relationship with team members. Effectively communicating expectations, goals, opportunities, company benefits, etc. Also, listening and conveying to upper management and HR employee’s observations, suggestions, and professional goals.
• Develop and maintain professional, strategic relationships to ensure we remains a high level partner in the security industry. The expectation is to attend and engage in tradeshows, industry meetings and special events.
• Maintain communications with clients to include monitoring satisfaction, resolving complaints, resolving collection issues, and other.
Additional Performance Evaluation Criteria:
In addition to competence in performance of job duties as listed, the following are also considered in evaluating overall performance.
• Teamwork, positive attitude toward others, and overall contribution to the success of our company.
• Professional growth, disposition and appearance.
• Protection of confidentiality.
• Adherence to our policies and procedures, and to the instructions of the Operations Manager.
• Ability to understand and fill out required project paperwork and labeling.
• Ability to enter time sheet reporting information.
• And other duties as assigned.