Alro Steel is currently seeking a Boom Truck Operator to join our team in Cincinnati, OH.
Join the Alro team and start building your tomorrow!
Whether you are a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Alro offers rewarding and challenging career opportunities, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. We work hard to provide our teammates with comprehensive on-the-job training for a multitude of business disciplines, so that they can maximize their career expectations.
Most importantly, employment at Alro is about being a part of something bigger. It's about being on a team that employs the highest levels of loyalty, honesty and integrity. It's about exceeding customer expectations on a daily basis by taking a true interest in their needs. An Alro career provides a dynamic work environment that allows our teammates to learn, grow and succeed in whatever they put their minds to, both personally and professionally.
Alro has an immediate opening for a boom truck operator. This position is responsible for:
- operating crane on job sites,
- checking, securing and protecting loads prior to delivery,
- delivering material orders to customers on a boom truck,
- performing required inspections as required by DOT,
- maintaining all required certifications required by DOT, OSHA and company safety programs,
- providing outstanding customer service in a prompt, safe, business like and friendly manner,
- operating heavy equipment including cranes, forklifts, and processing machinery, if needed,
- working afternoon or evening hours as needed, based upon shift assignment.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate a previous work history that includes:
- a valid CDL-B license, including up to date medical certifications;
- a driving record that reflects adherence to all Federal DOT regulations, as well as State and Local traffic laws;
The following skills are a plus, but training is available for the right candidate:
- OSHA recognized crane certification for telescoping boom 21-75 Ton is preferred;
- the ability to read a tape measure and home builder blueprints preferred;
- arc welding in all positions preferred;
- communicating with fellow associates in a cooperative, constructive manner;
- performing any task to support and improve overall team operations;
- excellent attendance and safe work habits;
- basic computer and keyboard skills.
- Competitive pay
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Disability Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
About the company:
Alro Steel Corporation supplies raw materials (carbon, stainless steel, aluminum and red metals) to a variety of manufacturing and other industries. Our customer base, ranging in size from small to very large users of metals, has come to depend on Alro's commitment to excellent delivery service.
Alro Steel, established in 1948, is a privately held corporation with over 60 facilities strategically located throughout the Midwest and Southeast.
Alro Steel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and offers a Drug-Free Environment and Opportunities for Advancement.