Speedling Incorporated is a global leader in the production of transplants for seeded vegetables, ornamentals, and vegetative propagated products for over 50 years with locations in Florida, Georgia, Texas and California. Guided by faith and integrity, our mission is to cultivate opportunities for our customers and employees by providing exceptional customer service along with consistent quality products.
The successful Financial Analyst will be based out of our corporate office in Ruskin, Florida. The Financial Analyst will be proactive in obtaining and analyzing key business data, reporting critical information to support improvement of the companys performance, processes and business strategies to management.
OUR EMPLOYEES ARE OUR #1 ASSET! Speedling offers a competitive salary, medical, dental, company-paid life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k) plan, paid vacation and holidays. Speedlings Employee Enrichment Committee is committed to offering activities to help our employees pursue health and wellness.
If you are proactive, goal-driven and looking to grow your career, become part of a team that Feeds the World and Makes it a More Beautiful Place, apply now!
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Design, create and continuously improve consistent reporting and tracking tools to enable effective performance measures against all company, department, team and individual goals.
- Proactively identify, obtain necessary data required and complete analysis in support of key strategic initiatives.
- Report on trends directly related to strategic directions as requested.
- Coordinate annual summit meetings at the close of each season to review products profitability, strengths and weaknesses in production, growing and logistics as well as and customers performance.
- Determine and document action plan items and assign individuals to follow up on action plan when wrapping up summit meeting.
- Creation, update and analysis of PBI Dashboards reports such as temporary labor, capacity planning, and accounts receivable aging reports and upkeep of dashboard on intranet site.
- Maintain, develop and own of cost sheets, profitability report and companywide pricing structure.
- Assist with month-end close process and assist with annual audits.
- Prepare journal entries as needed, provide variance analyses of Consolidated and facility financials.
- Assist in annual budgeting and monthly and quarterly forecasting processes.
Minimum Requirements of Financial Analyst:
- BS in Business, Marketing or Equivalent, plus three years related industry experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced - Superior user of Excel and Power BI.
- MRP/Supply Chain experience.
- Mandatory to work nights and/or weekends based on business needs.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish preferred.
- Current first aid/CPR certification, or ability and willingness to obtain one.
- Valid Driver License, clean criminal history and drug-free.
- Must be in good physical condition and able to work outdoors for extended periods of time.
- Ability to demonstrate high ethical standards and set a positive example for team members.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Must be self-motivated with strong problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Proactively prioritize workload and effectively manage time and resources, self-motivated.
- Manufacturing aptitude
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task and handle varied deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to greenhouse elements such as heat, cold, water and dirt.
- Able to lift up to 20 lbs and able to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.