Speedling Incorporated, a global leader in the production of transplants and the development of horticultural products and technology since 1968 with locations in Florida, Georgia, Texas and California. We have high standards and our employees constantly strive to reach even higher levels of success. Speedling growth is based on our values and a vision focused on consistent quality and cost-efficiency. We see customer satisfaction, the personal and professional growth of each employee, safety in the workplace, a commitment to our stakeholders, employees, and communities, and profit as a measure of our performance.
The successful Maintenance Technician I will assist the EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) manufacturing facility and personnel by performing preventative and routine maintenance tasks as assigned, troubleshoot issues, repair failures of production and facilities equipment and ensure maximum equipment efficiency and effectiveness. All tasks will be performed while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company. Key responsibilities include ensuring all work is performed in accordance with safety policies and regulations to promote a safe working environment.
Our Employees are our #1 Asset!
Speedling offers a competitive benefits package and 401(k) plan with company match. Speedling, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Diagnostic test and repair of electrical, plumbing, carpentry and light mechanical problems at the EPS plant
• Responsible for preventive maintenance on all equipment
• Troubleshoot and repair faulty circuits and equipment
• Trace and analyze causes of plumbing, irrigation, and water well problems and make repairs as needed
• Able to set up and operate welders, drill press, grinder, hand tools, and other metalworking equipment
• Install and repair pipe, fittings, and fixtures; operate and maintain pumps and water treatment systems, water wells, and irrigation fixtures; maintain and repair water sprinklers, irrigation systems, test completed work and make necessary adjustments
• Perform skilled carpentry work in the maintenance and repair of buildings, and other structures for EPS
• Maintain a professional courteous manner with all vendors, contractors and fellow employees
• Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company guidelines
• Ensure compliance of all work related activities in a fair, ethical, and consistent manner
• Successfully completed a certified course in designated maintenance field (i.e. Electrical, Plumbing, etc)
• At least 5 years experience with plumbing, carpentry, mechanics and basic electrical repair
• Ability to read and interpret documents and drawings
• Ability to write detailed repair reports as well as good verbal communication
• Willing to work overtime as required
• Able to climb ladders and work at elevations
• Clean criminal history and drug-free.
• Must be in good physical condition and able to work outdoors for extended periods of time.
• Ability to demonstrate high ethical standards and set a positive example for crew members.
• Current first aid/CPR certification, or ability and willingness to obtain one.
• Basic concepts about manufacturing operations, quality, and productivity
• Good interpersonal communication, able to work well with others
• Manufacturing aptitude, must be able to work as part of a team
• Willingness to work nights and/or weekends, hours will change based on business needs
• Able to work indoors, outdoors, in warehouse all seasons
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs and able to stand for prolonged periods of time
• Ability to take initiative and work with minimum supervision, Self-motivated
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.
• Ability to tolerate exposure to elements such as heat, cold, water and dirt.
• Bilingual English/Spanish helpful