Speedling Incorporated is a global leader in the production of transplants and the development of horticultural products and technology since 1968 with locations in Florida, Georgia, Texas and California. We have high standards and our employees constantly strive to reach even higher levels of success. Speedling growth is based on our values and a vision focused on consistent quality and cost-efficiency. We see customer satisfaction, the personal and professional growth of each employee, safety in the workplace, a commitment to our stakeholders, employees, and communities, and profit as a measure of our performance.
Our Employees are our #1 Asset!
Speedling offers a competitive benefits package and 401(k) plan with company match. Speedling, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
JOB SUMMARY OF VEGETABLE SALES MANAGER:
The successful Vegetable Sales Manager is responsible for the development and performance of all sales and marketing activities in their region. Provide leadership and coordination in the execution of strategy, company policy and goals as developed with the CEO/President to provide consistent quality cost-efficiently to our customers. Provide long and short term direction to the sales and customer service team, leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values. Establish plans and strategies to expand the customer base and contribute to the development of strategic plans and programs along with the Speedling Team. Maximize both present and long term sales and profits. Coordinate with other sales and customer service managers to ensure consistency of policy. The Vegetable Sales manager will lead sales by opening or growing select direct accounts.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and implement sales strategies to meet or exceed company sales goals and profitability.
- Develop and achieve aggressive sales budgets maximizing the highest and best use of current capacity(s).
- Build high-value sales team to maximize total value in each production region.
- Product Development: work with customers and production teams to discover and develop new and value-added products.
- Develop and implement marketing and action plans to penetrate new markets and grow existing business.
- Quantify 80% of potential customers throughout each territory.
- Secure credit information to open new accounts and update existing ones.
- Lead AR efforts and build a superb customer experience from start to finish.
- Collect on all sales including finance charges where applicable.
- Manage proactively to avoid or represent and defend Speedling against all customer claims.
- Build effective communication with Operations, Sales, and Customers in order to provide training and development for the improvement of sales and customer service.
- Sell what, when, where we can grow and/or sell value of improving or converting capacities to maximize profits.
- Provide guidance and leadership to the Customer Service and Operational staff.
- Provide insightful ongoing feedback to senior management and peers regarding performance risks and opportunities.
- Control expenses to meet budget guidelines and ensure positive ROI of every investment of Speedling resources.
- Attend trade shows that will be informative or otherwise highest and best use of time.
- Analyze sales data to track and improve current and future sales.
- Analyze profitability reports and work with production teams to maximize profitability and grow best customers products.
- Manage risk and reward of all sales activities to maximize value of Speedling.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS OF VEGETABLE SALES MANAGER:
- Undergraduate degree required in Agriculture Business or related field
- 5+ years of experience in sales and a minimum of 3 years of management experience.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to maintain 50%+ travel
- Must have a current, valid drivers license with acceptable driving record
- Maintains contact with all clients in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Strong motivational and leadership skills
- Able to work indoors, outdoors, in warehouse or greenhouse all seasons
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimum supervision, self motivated
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.
- Basic concepts about greenhouse operations, quality and productivity
- Good interpersonal communication, able to work well with others
- Manufacturing aptitude, must be able to work as part of a team
- Willingness to work nights and/or weekends, hours will change based on business needs
- Ability to tolerate exposure to greenhouse elements such as heat, cold, water and dirt.
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs and able to stand for prolonged periods of time