Job: Fire Sprinkler Systems Estimator, FAS, Vancouver, WA
This is great opportunity for a Sprinkler Designer that wants to grow experience within the Fire Sprinkler trade...
The Estimator will provide quality, and timely conceptual and final Fire Sprinkler estimates on a wide spectrum of projects to support the Company’s success and profitability. The Estimator will perform take-offs and assemble competitive bids from site visits, architectural plans, and engineering blue prints to generate contracts for owner review and approval. The Estimator must respond to the needs of the customer and marketplace with urgency, composure and accuracy to win work.
• Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
• Attend pre-bid meetings.
• Prepare discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
• Review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials as needed.
• Review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit and man hour figures.
• Track awarded contracts as required – may include estimating/pricing extra work items, change orders, credit, procuring materials, etc.
• Utilize estimating system to comprise accurate bid.
• Interpret computerized cost data and systems.
• Determine budgetary allowances, soft costs and qualification.
• Organize and manage hand-off estimates to Project Managers for multiple jobs.
• Maintain files of working documents and data as back up for estimate figures, including current information on prices from suppliers.
• Work with contract administrators to ensure that bid is in accordance with public agency bidding processes.
• Incorporate Company safety policies and procedures in bidding estimates.
• Support other department personnel as required which may include preparing estimates in other disciplines.
Experience working on a wide spectrum of projects from $5,000 - 2mm. Experience on projects including commercial, institutional, hospitality and residential both high rise and low rise condominium residential.
Fire Sprinkler Expertise – Fire Sprinkler systems (NFPA 13, 13R and 13D) fire pump systems, standpipe systems, fire suppression systems, fire extinguishers, AFFF Foam systems.