The Inside Sales Engineer, is the primary support resource for our customers, business partners, and the sales team. This position is responsible for working collaboratively with the sales team as a technical advisor and product advocate. They serve customers and business partners by identifying their needs; detecting and providing reliable solutions for commercial and technical issues. The Inside Sales Engineer also assists in technical training to clients and communicates customer feedback for future product developments.
- Direct point of contact for a portion of our customer base as well as for the sales team.
- Assist with product selection and technical support.
- Assist sales team in executing and achieving their territory and market business plans.
- Resolve internal and external technical support requests or issues related to product selection, application, specification, installation, etc.
- Prepare basic takeoffs based on plan review and specifications.
- Commercial processes for quotation, receipt of order, order entry, shipment, and delivery of order, and resolution of return requests and quality issues.
- Extensive interaction with customers, business partners, and team via phone, email, and direct meeting.
- Travel as needed with outside sales team to support presentations and trade show activities.
- Resolve customer issues, concerns, or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company mission, values, and financial objectives.
- Maintain professional business relationships with target or assigned accounts.
- Provide status updates of ongoing projects and future projects.
- Identify and communicate customers needs and sales opportunities to help future growth.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to customers and prospective customers. Maybe responsible for representing the product to customer and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Education and Experience:
- AA/BS in Engineering, Technical Field, or equivalent successful experience in a similar industry or related field.
- 3 -5 years relevant experience in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and/or HVAC industry or sales.
- Technical knowledge and experience of mechanical control systems or similar products.
- Exceptional computer and software skills.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Customer service and/or sales support experience
- Proficiency with CRM/Database tools
- A combination of experience and knowledge in manufacturing is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software and other work related computer technology.
- Basic understanding of Hydronic HVAC Systems.
- Customer focused with advanced customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Outstanding presentation skills.
- Strong product application and knowledge.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical abilities.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Flexibility and ability to respond to unplanned events.
Nexus Valve, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Nexus Valve, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nexus Valve, Inc. expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Nexus Valve, Inc. employees to perform their expected job duties is not tolerated.