Structural/Miscellaneous Steel Estimator
We are currently seeking an experienced Structural Steel Estimator to work, collaborate, contribute, and learn with our team. If you have the desire to provide exceptional quality in a fast paced environment using cutting edge cost estimation technology, then we would like to hear from you!
Our Steel Estimator will be responsible for developing and engineering competitive structural steel bids and budgets for existing, and new customers in the automotive, energy, and commercial markets.
- Review project specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
- Prepare detailed estimates and backup documentation for review
- Solicit project specific proposals from material suppliers and evaluate for completeness and competitiveness
- Develop options and recommend best value solutions based on cost, engineering, quality, or availability of materials
- Establish and maintain positive relationships and ethical practices with owners, consultants, engineers, subcontractors, and suppliers
- Assist operations with awarded contracts and projects as required – may include estimating/pricing change orders and facilitating resolution of any contractual issues
- Work with Proposal Coordinator to develop complete professional proposals including all required information (schedules, project narratives, organizational charts, etc.)
- Develop complete conceptual proposals to support business development and client maintenance
- Assist in maintaining existing estimating productivity database
- Support other team members of the Estimating staff as required
- Ability to prepare proposals with minimum supervision
- Candidates must have a strong understanding of conceptual estimating, estimating techniques and cost control
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Candidates should be able to clearly articulate bid inclusions, exclusions, and proposal clarifications with owners and subcontractors
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize responsibilities
- Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Project or other scheduling related systems
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or Construction Management is preferred. PE is a plus
- Candidates must have 7+ years estimating experience
Aristeo Construction, founded in 1977, is one of the top five general contractors in Michigan and services automotive, industrial, and commercial customers across the U.S. We offer a comprehensive suite of construction services, including general contracting, design build, and construction management. We also self-perform steel fabrication and erection, equipment installation, and concrete services with our own highly skilled workforce.
Why Choose Aristeo:
Become a part of the Aristeo Experience! We’re more than just a business. We treat our employees like family and provide them with the tools and experience they need to succeed. We’ve been voted, by our employees, both Metro Detroit’s and the Nation’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for five years running!
Candidate must be willing to travel periodically to look at jobsites.
Aristeo offers an excellent working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and an opportunity to grow. Candidates must be currently eligible to work in the U.S. without further visa sponsorship. Aristeo is an EEO employer.
Livonia, Michigan, United States