If you have a strong Superintendent skill set, are internal-customer driven, and have the desire to provide exceptional quality to a dynamic organization, then we would like to hear from you!
The Project Superintendent’s primary role is to supervise and direct the construction crew to deliver projects with a high standard of quality and ensure that is constructed in a safe manner as well as in accordance with design, budget, and schedule.
- Supervise and coordinate various subcontractors to ensure contracts compliance; supervise and coordinate trades
- Act as “First-In-Command” on projects and be professional, courteous, respectful and helpful to everyone at all times
- Assume responsibility for productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials and equipment, and contractual performance of the project
- Provide technical, manpower, means, and method input to the estimating process as requested
- Monitor and ensure worker’s and all subcontractors’ safety and report all accidents IMMEDIATELY to Safety Director
- Investigate all accidents and fill out an Accident Form completely
- Conduct effective and inclusive morning huddles with crews to coordinate daily and weekly activities
- Conduct weekly safety meeting and all progress meetings as required
- Act as a safety champion on all projects and leads this role by example and enforce all safety rules and write violations when workers are not following company safety procedures
- Correct unsafe conditions immediately
- Review, clarify and understand overall project scope as well as each individual subcontractor scope, plans and specifications, schedule, estimate of self performed work, cost codes, general and special conditions
- Review and understand subcontractor scope and schedule
- Work with the Project Manager to develop the Project Schedule. Develop detailed schedule for Aristeo Self Perform work. Determine trade, staffing and material, tool and equipment requirements and confirm availability with Field Operations. Confirm Subcontractors can meet schedule requirements. Review schedule with customer.
- Review project safety, security, logistics, layout, labor (NMA, UAW, etc.) permit and general and special condition requirements
- Implement Safety/Security Program. Set-up office and laydown areas, parking and other general and special condition requirements as required
- Establish project survey and base layout control and bench marks
- Expedite and provide direction to staff for self performed work. Determine quantities, material, tools, equipment and crews necessary to perform the work and expedite delivery. Provide daily leadership and direction to Aristeo and subcontractor personnel. Assure quality, cost, schedule, and client satisfaction goals are being met. Complete all requirements to turn work over to customer
- Maintain positive working relationship with the customer, AE, subcontractors, labor, and other members of the construction team. Attend progress meetings as required and provide required information to project team
- Maintain required project documentation such as Plans (with approved changes) specifications, as-builts, shop drawings, samples, inspections, test reports, meeting minutes, and daily logs
- Provide daily field reports to the main office including labor coded to the assigned codes. Provide % complete information on Aristeo and subcontractor work as requested
- Maintain records and provide the PM information regarding changes in scope and schedule for pricing to the customer
- Expedite completion, training, and punch list (turn over to owner)
- Handle all labor relations and jurisdictional disputes
- Assist with all closeout requirements
- Strong understanding of civil/site, architectural/finish, mechanical and electrical work
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment, and methods), craft agreements, jurisdiction, negotiations, engineering, cost control schedules, and safety required
- Excellent communication, organization, interpersonal, and supervisory skills are essential
- Ability to read, understand and interpret plans and specifications
- Thorough working knowledge of OSHA and safety, security, and environmental rules and regulations
- Experience working with Primavera, Prolog, and Viewpoint
- Excellent with problem solving and planning
- Candidates must have 8+ years’ experience as a Superintendent on Industrial projects, leading large, multi-union crews
- Candidates must have a 4 year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience
- 10 hours of MIOSHA Class
- OSHA 30 and/or MUST Modules
- First Aid and CPR Class
- Accident Investigation Class
Aristeo Construction, founded in 1977, is one of the top five general contractors in Michigan and services automotive, industrial, and commercial customers across the U.S. We offer a comprehensive suite of construction services, including general contracting, design build, and construction management. We also self-perform steel fabrication and erection, equipment installation, and concrete services with our own highly skilled workforce.
Why Choose Aristeo:
Become a part of the Aristeo Experience! We’re more than just a business. We treat our employees like family, and provide them with the tools and experience they need to succeed. We’ve been voted, by our employees, both Metro Detroit’s and the Nation’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for five years running!
This position will require short and long-term travel. Candidates must be willing to travel or relocate for extended periods of time on a project-specific basis.
Aristeo offers an excellent working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and an opportunity to grow. Candidates must be currently eligible to work in the U.S. without further visa sponsorship. Aristeo is an EEO employer.
Livonia, Michigan, United States