If you are internal-customer driven and have the desire to provide exceptional quality to a dynamic organization, then we would like to hear from you.
Our Field Engineers will work directly with Project Engineers, Project Managers, Estimators, and Superintendents to assist with various aspects of project management. Field Engineers must be self-motivated and interested in learning all aspects of construction. Each day you will be problem solving, multi-tasking, and assuming responsibility for planning and organizing major project responsibilities.
- Assist in the estimating process as directed, including attending pre-bids, quantity take-offs, sub-bid solicitations and other assigned duties.
- Weekly submission of quantities installed for productivity reporting on “Self-Perform” Projects
- Know and understand all relevant project documentation (Drawings, Specifications, SOW, addendums, etc.)
- Complete document control procedures (Drawing Log, RFIs, Submittals, Meeting Agendas and Minutes, Open Issues, etc.), including issuance of relevant documents to sub trades
- Compile and submit required submittal packages with shop drawings for approval followed by completing and updating submittal log
- Ensure Submittals comply with project specifications prior to submission
- Compile and update project punch list or issues matrix
- Review weekly productivity reports for potential areas of improvement with the Project Manager and Superintendent
- Assist the Project Manager and Superintendent in daily coordination of subcontractors and suppliers in accordance with the project schedule
- Assist the Project Team with onsite material purchases as needed
- Assist the Project Team in all required documentation including but not limited to Daily Pre Task, Man-hour reporting, Meeting agendas/minutes, and any other customer specific requirements
- Assist and ensure proper documentation relevant to any additional work
- Assist the Superintendent to ensure completion of “As Built” drawings
- Assist PM and Superintendent in completing project closeout requirements
- Assist corporate and onsite safety personnel and assist as required
- Plan ahead in accordance with the project schedule
- Act professional, courteous, respectful and helpful to everyone at all time
- Assist with all Project Close out requirements
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Primavera
- Experience with BIM, GradeBeam, and Bluebeam is preferred
- Ability to communicate professionally in both verbal and written format
- Ability to take direction, read, and understand plans and specifications required
- Strong analytic skills and attention to detail
- Ability to follow through and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of construction and scheduling techniques
- OSHA 30 hour certification preferred
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management is preferred
Aristeo Construction, founded in 1977, is one of the top five general contractors in Michigan and services automotive, industrial, and commercial customers across the U.S. We offer a comprehensive suite of construction services, including general contracting, design-build, and construction management. We also self-perform steel fabrication and erection, equipment installation, and concrete services with our own highly skilled workforce.
Why Choose Aristeo:
Become a part of the Aristeo Experience! We’re more than just a business. We treat our employees like family and provide them with the tools and experience they need to succeed. We’ve been voted, by our employees, both Metro Detroit’s and the Nation’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for five years running!
This position will require short and long-term travel. Candidates must be willing to travel or relocate for extended periods of time on a project specific basis.
Aristeo offers an excellent working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and an opportunity to grow. Candidates must be currently eligible to work in the U.S. without further visa sponsorship. Aristeo is an EEO employer.
Livonia, Michigan, United States