SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the procurement of all Assembly and Screen Print production materials and supplies and the planning of production to ensure the flow of material to meet production requirements. This position will source material per specifications, prepare comparative cost analysis for review and approval, issue purchase orders, monitor and track material to meet production and inventory stocking levels, and work with suppliers to ensure timely delivery. The Planner will forecast FG demand, determine the production material and all supplies required to meet the production schedule, and execute the steps to have the all production components available for the production process timely and accurately. The Planner is responsible for establishing adequate on hand inventory without overbuying and keeping adequate stock as defined with Management. This position is responsible for updating bill of material changes, preparing cost roll ups for updated Finished Good costing as applicable, and analyzing the yield in BOMs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Procure at the most favorable price product/material/supplies per the quality specification to stock the components for the Manufacturing production schedules and safety stock levels.
• Schedule, monitory and track purchase, delivery and flow of material into the assembly process, identify and resolve any bottlenecks or potential delays and ensure continuity of the supply chain into production.
• Evaluate FG production demand, prepare the production schedule with Operations and Management, and procure the components to meet the production demand schedule timely and accurately.
• Schedule procurement, delivery, and usage of materials to optimize production, cost, and inventory position.
• Use the ERP system to enter purchase orders, locate inventory, determine usage and inventory needs, and use excel spreadsheets (and various tools) to analyze and determine purchase order requirements for the supply chain to order and maintain proper inventory levels.
• Establish accurate stocking levels on all production materials and supplies (based on production demand).Work closely with the Operations to manage inventory and supplies levels
• Analyze Bills of Material for yield, update bills of material for cost changes or components, and prepare FG cost roll-ups as applicable.
• Source alternative materials to derive the most cost effective solutions, prepare comparative cost analysis, and present it for approval. Manage changeover of material by exhausting current stock and bringing on other suppliers / material as approved.
• Visit and evaluate suppliers (scorecard) for quality, timeliness of delivery / lead time, cost and process to best meet the standards for Assembly and Screen Print.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associates or Bachelors Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or a related field; 3 to 5 years experience in a Manufacturing Purchasing and/or Production Planning environment; or, experience that is equivalent to the above listed education in Manufacturing to meet the responsibilities and job requirements as listed.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business reading and/or training materials as well as federal/state regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures as needed. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and/or the general public. Excellent Communication Skills Required.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability, statistical inferences, and bill of materials formulas. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages and proportions to practical situations in a Manufacturing environment.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; ability to interpret an instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables; Must be detail oriented and very good and problem solving. Must be able to work independently and with teams effectively.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Must have computer skills including Microsoft Suite with good to great Excel skills, prior use of ERP systems, and have strong analytical, organizational, and planning skills. Interpersonal skills and working with the Operations team is key.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Knowledge of resource allocation, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Knowledge of forecast, demand planning, material requirements planning.
• Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
• Ability to understand mathematics, ie: arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
• Computer systems such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, Accounting/Buying/Purchasing database systems (Epicor/Prophet 21 experience a plus) and the ability to manage files and records, creating forms, and other office procedures and terminology. Strong knowledge of Excel functionality utilizing VLookups, Pivot Tables. Recommended for a buyer/planner to have hands-on experience with MRP system.
• Must have strong communication skills with ability to communicate verbally, working with vendors, customers, operations, sales, other departments within the company
• Ability to compose professional correspondence through e-mail, letters, etc. Ability to read/review contracts to ensure terms/conditions meet requirements of the company.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and effectively with the Operations team and cross functional areas in the Company.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee has to occasionally stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; the employee is frequently required to walk; the employee is required to regularly sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, printers and filing cabinets.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Radians, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.