Underground Utilities, Laying Pipe for Sanitary Sewer, Waterline, Storm Sewer and Box Culvert Construction. Ability to set assist in setting up a laser, grade rods, and transit levels. Working knowledge of different types of pipe including, sanitary, storm, and water pipe. Knowledge of how to operate a street saw. Proficient skills with Lasers, Line & Grade- Deep Excavation and Dewatering is a plus.
• Performs all duties associated with assisting the Pipe Layer, working with other members of the construction crew to successfully complete projects within specifications and in a quality manner to meet or exceed customer expectations
Duties and responsibilities:
• Check slopes for conformance to requirements using transit levels, lasers, and grade rods.
• Connect pipe and seal joints.
• Align and position pipes to prepare them for connection (Homing Pipe).
• Tighten bolts and ensure gaskets are inserted correctly.
• Prepares and grades trenches either manually or by communicating with equipment operators.
• Maintain proper grade with shovel in pipe trench.
• Knowledge of grading procedures.
• Knowledge of Trench Safety Standards (sloping, shoring, etc.).
• Ability to keep trench and pipe straight and on-grade.
• Ability to properly assemble pipes, joints, junctions, etc.
• Ability to set assist in setting up a laser, grade rods, and transit levels.
• Working knowledge of different types of pipe including, sanitary, storm, and water pipe.
• Knowledge of how to operate a street saw.
Job Specific Competencies:
• Minimum of 3 years of direct experience in assisting Pipe Layer in laying sanitary, storm, and water pipe.
• Must be able to perform manual labor in all types of environments and conditions.
• Ability to lift 50 or more pounds.
• Must be able to work outdoors and withstand different weather elements.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift, carry, bend, crawl, squat, climb, kneel, push, pull, and crouch.
Must be able to Pass Drug Test & Physical