Work Location: Prince Georges County, Maryland
Roles & Responsibilities: Full Time Position
Conducts Site Surveys. Interpret job plan and scope of work, to include drawings and floor plans. Perform structured cabling, copper and fiber, add, moves and change requirements to support LAN and voice networks. Be experience in the built out of telecommunication rooms, i.e. installing infrastructure support hardware, 2 Post and 4 Post equipment racks and ladder racks. Understanding of pathway systems and fire stopping procedures. Properly test and troubleshoot copper and fiber cabling installations. Perform installation of CATV cabling, RG6 and termination of F connectors. Understanding of Wireless Access Point networks, to include design and troubling shooting. Works independently, may provide supervision and guidance to 2 or more network technicians
Work Conditions: May require some overtime and weekend work. Must be able to climb an 8ft ladder. Some work will be on a roof and/or may involve use of bucket truck.
- An Associate's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field; or Technical 'school certificate of completion in the data communications field including cable installation; or the equivalent military training.
- An additional year of specialized experience may be substituted for the required education.
- General Experience: Three years experience in the Telecommunications systems industry.
- Specialized Experience: A minimum of three years of experiences installing and maintaining communications cable infrastructure and associated devices. BICSI or other cable industry training and/or certification required.
- Good interpersonal communications and customer interface skills
- Must not be color-blind; must be able to see colors on cables.
- Must be able to work in a Team Environment
- Must be available to work occasional overtime as well as a flexible schedule as needed to support customer requirements.
Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment test for knowledge of product, installation. Test will be written and hands-on test of structure cabling installation practices. Applicants will be required to pass BICSI best practices exam to be considered for employment.
All candidates will be required to pass a consumer report and/or consumer investigation to include SSN, Driver Record.
All responses will be handled with strict confidentiality.
Systems Application & Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.