If you are proactive, goal-driven and looking to grow your career, then Speedling is the place for you!
Speedling Incorporated, a global leader in the production of transplants and the development of horticultural products and technology since 1968 with locations in Florida, Georgia, Texas and California. We have high standards and our employees constantly strive to reach even higher levels of success. Speedling growth is based on our values and a vision focused on consistent quality and cost-efficiency. We see customer satisfaction, the personal and professional growth of each employee, safety in the workplace, a commitment to our stakeholders, employees, and communities, and profit as a measure of our performance.
Our Employees are our #1 Asset!
Speedling offers a competitive benefits package and 401(k) plan with a company match. Speedling, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
The successful Team Leader/Supervisor is to assist in the directing and coordinating of operations to achieve plant production requirements at budgeted cost while adhering to all quality and safety measures. This includes planning and processes to improve productivity, efficiency, quality, safety, and employee organizational objectives and provide direction, leadership, development, and support to direct reports through teamwork and continuous improvement initiatives. Key responsibilities include ensuring all work is performed in accordance with safety policies and regulations to promote a safe working environment.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in meeting or exceeding production and financial targets.
- Assist in Coordinating and maximizing effective production and distribution of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and shipping while minimizing costs.
- Assist in analyzing problems that arise and determine actions that will minimize/prevent future issues, decrease costs, and/or improve yields. Recommend changes and upon approval, implement those changes, and update SOPs.
- Assist in the supervision of employees; duties include planning, scheduling, organizing and directing work, training personnel.
- Through supervisors and crew leaders ensure that proper training is provided to employees and workers on all processes and equipment and in addition ensure that all SOP's are followed consistently.
- Assist in the organization of safety meetings and ensure that the safety measures are applied in order to protect employees, or assign this task to someone who will act as safety coordinator.
- Assist in the maintaining of the optimal quantity of materials without interruptions in a production process flow.
- Assist in the planning and executing of inventory each month and at the end of the fiscal year, organizing people, schedule, time, and materials needed.
- Act as a role model, working alongside crew members, and demonstrate a positive work ethic.
- Develop and maintain a strong sense of teamwork among the crew members.
- Plan learning time/activities for anticipated downtime. Be flexible and willing to change the daily routine to adjust to learning opportunities when unanticipated delays.
- Coordinate closely with growing staff to ensure the product is ready for consolidation, transplanting, shipping, etc.
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office.
- Valid Drivers License, clean criminal history, and drug-free.
- Must be in good physical condition and able to work outdoors for extended periods of time.
- Ability to demonstrate high ethical standards and set a positive example for crew members.
- Current first aid/CPR certification, or ability and willingness to obtain one.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and interpret operating instructions, training and procedure manuals, government regulations, agreements, and contracts.
- Good interpersonal communication, able to work well with others.
- Manufacturing aptitude Must be able to work as part of a team.
- Willingness to work nights and/or weekends, hours will change on business needs.
- Able to work indoors, outdoors, in warehouse or greenhouse all seasons.
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs and able to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimum supervision, Self-motivated.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to greenhouse elements such as heat, cold, water, and dirt.