Chemical Plant Operator (Day Shift and Night Shift)
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Junior Chemical Operator will be located at the company's headquarters and primary manufacturing location in Plymouth Meeting, PA (Greater Philadelphia area). This individual is responsible for assisting mixing/blending of materials, operation of process equipment, and related duties. They will maintain production records and ensure standard operating procedures are being followed. They will be required to comply with all regulatory, safety and envir
• Responsible for assisting mixing/blending of materials, filling and labeling bulk containers, and operation of process equipment
• Assisting in the unloading of rail cars and tank wagons
• Operate a forklift to stage materials
• Complete production reporting and quality control reporting in a timely and accurate manner
• Maintains the cleanliness of the yard
• Maintains the organization of the tote and drum storage area
• Must follow all safety procedures and act in a safe manner at all times and have an understanding and awareness of chemicals and their nature, hazards, safety and health issues etc. (MSDS's, use of PPE etc.)
• Performs scheduled cycle counts
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associate's degree or higher a plus.
• Must have effective verbal and written English communication skills
• Able to work overtime and nights as required
• 2 years of manufacturing experience. Preferably in a chemical plant.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
• Ability to work well under minimal supervision
• Attention to details, organization ability and ability to interact well with others.
• Must be able to operate basic hand tools
• Ability to work in a chemical manufacturing plant environment.
• Ability to execute strenuous, sometimes repetitive physical work such as climbing, lifting objects up to 50 lbs and pushing/ pulling objects up to and including moving heavy drums weighing 440+ lbs.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Able work in extreme temperatures, indoors and out
Spray Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Spray Products is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Spray Products are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Spray Products will not tolerate
discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Spray Products encourages applicants of all ages.
Job requires long periods of standing in a production environment.
Job requires long periods of sitting on a forklift in a warehouse environment.