SHIFTS, SCHEDULE, AND WAGES:
3rd shift: 10:30pm - 7am Sunday-Friday. OT as needed.
$18.00/hour - $1.00 conversion upon permanent hire!
The Compounder prepares blended flavor batch formulations composed of liquid and powder ingredients through efficient and safe operation of machinery and strict adherence to all employee and food safety standards. Interacts with Quality, Production, Management, Maintenance, Rabbis for Kosher approval, and internal and external Auditors. Key competencies: Analytical Skills, Communication & Presentation Skills, Critical Thinking, 5S Lean Manufacturing Practices, Mathematical Skills including Weights and Conversions, and Attention to Detail.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain strict adherence to equipment SOPs, GMP standards, food & flavor regulations (kosher), and documentation requirements.
- Adhere to all safety protocols, including use of engineering controls and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to ensure a safe work place for all employees.
- Accurately weigh and document ingredients used in Liquid batches.
- Prepare blended flavor batch formulations composed of liquid and powder ingredients to satisfy customer orders.
- Operate equipment according to product manufacturing instructions to produce high quality product in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma required.
- Experience with in liquid compounding, powder blending, and spray dry preferred.
- Forklift, SAP, FlexNet, Microsoft, and RF Scanner experience preferred.
- Flavor industry desired.
- Computer literate.
- Train-to-hire; Good training program
- Steady, stable work
- Clean environment/temp controlled
- Uniform drop off/pick up/laundry
- Vouchers for Safety Shoes and Prescription Safety Eyewear
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Short-term & Long-Term disability coverage
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Two weeks paid vacation
- Tuition reimbursement