Job: Fire Alarm Design Engineer, RFI Communications & Security Systems, Hayward, CA
RFI is looking for a Fire Alarm Design Engineer to join our team in San Jose or Hayward!
As a Fire Alarm Design Engineer, your duties will include:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Creating code compliant fire/life safety system designs for submittal. Able to utilize AutoCAD as a design-drafting tool. Working with Project Teams for successful completion of installations.
Other duties/responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
• Design Fire Alarm systems compliant with all code requirements from NFPA, CBC, IBC, and/or Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ).
• Design Fire Alarm Systems based on Scope of Work (SOW) as outlined in the Project Contract while meeting all applicable codes and standards.
• Participate in pre bid reviews, site surveys to assist Sales/Operations through the bidding process.
• Responsible for working with the drafting team for review and completion of preliminary construction and final as-built drawings.
• Responsible for executing the permit submittal process with AHJ.
• Responsible for providing approved material lists to Project Team upon request.
• Participates in or facilitates representation for the Project Manager to Field Work Force Project Turnovers.
• Provide accurate timelines for completion of assigned tasks to the Engineering Manager.
• Position may require participation in project coordination meetings.
• Maintain accurate project information within RFI shared files and backup systems.
• Responsible for timely and accurate communications both verbally and written.
• Needs to be able to complete assignments with minimal supervision as it relates to designing to code.
• Keeping current with standards and emerging technologies as they relate to Fire/Life Safety industry.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
Education, Work Experience and Requirements
Requires minimum of two years of college or technical school resulting in an Associate's degree or equivalent or 5-7 Years’ Experience in Engineering. Ideal candidates will have a Bachelor's degree in Fire, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering with 3-5+ years of engineering experience. NICET Level II. Siemens Fire Alarm experience is a plus. This position requires a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and insurance.
In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, site work job conditions are similar to typical construction projects. Additional environments include office spaces, medical, industrial, warehouse, and other. Outdoor work including occasional adverse weather conditions. Travel may be required. The employee must also occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
What We Do:
RFI Enterprises, Inc. is a diversified multi-systems integrator that has been designing, installing, servicing and monitoring, technology-driven security and fire/life safety solutions for more than thirty years. Quality, value and innovation are the rock solid cornerstones of RFI. Since 1979, the company has been delivering integrated security and fire/life safety solutions throughout the Western United States. RFI maintains four regional offices located in Reno, Seattle, Sacramento, and San Jose.
Why Join Us?
Medical, Dental, Vision and Disability Plans
Flexible Spending Accounts
Medical Reimbursement Accounts with pre-paid debit cards
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Savings and Retirement
401(k) / Retirement Plan & 529(c) for college saving
Paid Vacation & Paid Holidays
Student Loan Assistance
In addition to all of the above benefits our employees enjoy
Company Wellness & Rewards Program
Company Sponsored Training
Employee Referral Program
Professional Development Opportunities
Employee Organized Events and Competitions