About The Community Builders, Inc.
Join a growing organization that is strengthening neighborhoods across the nation! The Community Builders, Inc. (TCB) is one of America's leading non-profit real estate developers and owners. Our mission is to build and sustain strong communities where people of all incomes can achieve their full potential.
Looking for a mission driven Development Project Manager to join our NYC-based team and support efforts to grow our portfolio of affordable and mixed-income housing projects. This individual will have responsibility for implementing real estate development projects from initial conception through closing, construction, and stabilized occupancy, delivering quality finished products on schedule and within budget.
Key reasons to be in Development at The Community Builders
We lead with the mission. TCB takes on tough and complex projects, but also projects which will make a lasting difference for the communities in which we operate.
You will work with a team of bright and dedicated individuals, whose creativity and persistence and get it done attitude make for an enriching work environment.
- Create and maintain financial models, projections, and schedules
- Project initiation (site analysis & selection, financial feasibility, schedule & budget, & securing community and political support)
- Project determination (financial structure, funding commitments, cost estimates, establishment of project pro forma, due diligence)
- Prepare RFQ/RFP responses. Show the ability to thoroughly convey TCB's ideas to potential clients
- Secure public approvals, including zoning
- Work with Finance staff to secure equity, debt and public resources. Take lead in representing organization with local and state funding sources
- Project design (architect selection & management, plans & specs, set-up of requisition system)
- Lead the structuring, assembly, review of funding applications and managing the closing
- Track & report project issues
- Communicate with and transition developments smoothly to Property Management department
- Ensure Resident Services planning is continuous throughout the project
- Process and track development expenses and requisitions with support from accounting staff
- Attend on-site meetings, public and community meetings.
Skills and Experience:
Ideal candidates will have experience with development of affordable or mixed-income housing projects, with an ability to successfully drive and close these transactions. Must have ability to manage all elements of a project, from creating a successful application for tax credits to managing construction and lease up calls. Skills and experience should include:
- Strong financial and analytical skills, with a passion for real estate development
- Ability to handle multiple projects through the consistent completion of tasks with established deadlines
- Ability to manage a sizeable development team of internal and external contributors
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel and MS Project
- Bachelor's degree required with a Master's preferred. Affordable housing experience strongly preferred along with minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
The Community Builders, Inc. is committed to ensuring diversity in its workplace, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply