The position is responsible for supervising a crew of craft workers in the installation of water, sanitary and storm piping by the use of trenchless methods. This position directly supervises employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinate and direct the installation of underground utilities using trenchless methods.
- Supervise and coordinate daily activities of 2 or more craft workers and prioritizes work.
- Organizes, supervises, leads and trains crew members to complete projects within established guidelines and time frames; on time and under budget.
- Reads and follows plans, material lists and guidelines and applies necessary timelines.
- Operates directional drill and other heavy equipment as needed to perform the required activity.
- Monitors quality of work prior during and thru completion of project
- Implement better methods of production in all aspects of the job.
- Assist in schedule development and effectively budget time to adhere to schedule.
- Identifying potential change orders.
- Monitor labor reporting, job cost reviews and prepare two week look-ahead.
- Efficiently communicates with the Project Manager any delays, and/or emergencies at the job site; works with PM to resolve issues to comply with budget and schedule.
- Performs routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and provide required reports. Any defects or needed repairs should be reported to the shop foreman; cleans equipment.
- Conduct jobsite orientation and train and mentor new workers.
- Instruct and train employees and ensure the safety of the workers.
- Properly follows all state and federal agencies safety procedures; brings problems to the attention of the project manager, safety director or HR manager.
- Promotes and complies with all company safety policies and procedures, including crewmember discipline and documentation.
- Maintain certifications required by all state and federal agencies and company safety programs.
- Enforces all client-required safety policies and procedures.
- Conduct weekly safety meetings, and attend cost/job reviews.
- Daily reporting of time, progress and materials used thru electronic reporting; significant project facts, events, and conditions must be reported.
- Maintain professional attitude with owners, inspectors, public and company personnel.
- Job Knowledge
- Problem Resolution
- Customer Focus
- Team Work
- Staff Management
- Employee Development
- Decision Making & Judgement
This position directly supervises up to 2 or more craft workers.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is performed in outside weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position: Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED
- Must have minimum five (5) years of experience in the installation of water, sanitary and storm piping by trenchless methods.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Proficient at reading blue prints
- Proficient in one or more relevant craft areas
- Ability to motivate workers, lead by example and communicate effectively
- Ability to compute basic numbers, read scales and use simple fractions.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within project timelines.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience in Microsoft Office, Email Communications and Electronic time card is a plus
- Knowledge of the construction industry
Boomerang is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran or other protected group status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.