MI Windows and Doors is looking for hardworking, dependable people to join our manufacturing family as THIRD SHIFT Maintenance Technicians. Third Shift typically works Sunday night- Thursday 8:45 pm - 5:15 am. Ideal candidate with 480/240 Electrical Experience; basic mechanical & troubleshooting skills. Basic PLC knowledge and computer-based machine experience preferred.
If you take pride in what you do and have a desire to tackle new challenges, then we have an opportunity for you! We offer competitive wages based upon experience AND up to $3.00 per hour in production incentives. Flexible Paid Time Off, Company Matched 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement, Comprehensive Benefit Package including Company-Funded Health Savings Account & Eight Paid Holidays! Come Grow With Us!
To provide value by safely and efficiently supporting the production maintenance team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform all work in a safe manner following all company safety policies and procedures
• Maintain, troubleshoot, perform preventative maintenance, and repair equipment in assigned area under the guidance of higher-level utility mechanics
• Maintain open and accurate communication with other maintenance employees as well as supervisor
• Complete all assigned work orders completely and accurately, documenting all prudent information describing the completion of the work order
• Complete Maintenance, Repair, and Operations documentation and Proteus entry as dictated by maintenance tasks, repairs, and preventative maintenance tasks
• Perform technical maintenance tasks under close supervision
• Provide all information necessary to maintain proper parts inventories
• Work with outside contractors to complete projects and improvements whenever possible
• Maintain all facility grounds and services
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Technical or Trade school degree preferred, or a combination of a High School Diploma or G.E.D. plus 2 years of experience in a maintenance occupation in a manufacturing environment
• Basic understanding of industrial electricity
• Working knowledge of energy sources for each piece of utility equipment in assigned area (electric, hydraulic, and pneumatic, etc.). PLC experience a plus
• Ability to maintain plant utilities (lighting, water systems, drain systems, etc.)
• Ability to work independently when directed
• Basic understanding of schematics and blue prints
• Basic understanding of various diagnostic equipment including but not limited to ohms meters, voltage meters, etc. Basic knowledge and understanding of power equipment including cut-off saws, demo-saws, drills, etc.
• Thoroughly understand and follow all OSHA and company regulations as they relate to the maintenance field (Lock Out Tag Out, Personal Protective Equipment, etc.)
• Basic understanding of critical Maintenance, Repair, and Operations, and Proteus procedures and requirements
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong mathematical and analytical skills