Under the guidance of the Production Supervisor, maintains the activities of their department in safety, quality and efficiency. Ability to resolve problems relating to his/her area and utilizes the leadsperson to ensure the operational goals of their area are met.
• Takes direction and carries out instructions from the production supervisor.
• Lead a group of 5 – 30 employees.
• Directs team members with respect to achieve a safety first culture, quality, and meeting production schedules, customer delivery schedules.
• Complete daily production schedule established by production control and/or production supervisor.
• Work with leadsperson's and team members of their area to maintain an overall efficient and effective department and to resolve problems with production and personnel issues.
• Able to understand takt time vs cycle time and be able to identify areas that are not performing up to process requirements.
• Hold team members accountable to established cycle times.
• Complete and explain all QDIP information.
• Completely understand and perform Start to Finish Quality audits.
• Complete understanding and the ability to complete the CAPA form from start to finish.
• Train new team members in all process requirements associated with position.
• Maintain housekeeping by utilizing the 5S practice.
• Provides a safe work environment for all personnel.
• Enforces company policies in a fair and consistent manner.
• Learn job skills, as needed, to improve leadership effectiveness.
• Participate in meetings and training sessions on safety, quality and production.
• Report any safety hazards, quality defects, or on the job injuries, no matter how slight.
• Encourages suggestions from team members that will improve safety, quality, and/or control costs of production.
• Ability to implement changes suggested by team members that will improve safety, quality, or production efficiencies.
• Performs other duties as required or directed.
• Minimum of 5 years manufacturing experience
• Ability to read and interpret regulations and policies in accordance with Company guidelines.
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing, bilingual preferred (Spanish).
• Ability to effectively enforce applicable regulations and policies.
• Must have good leadership skills.
• Basic understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles. Lean 101
• Able to train and motivate department personnel.
• Ability to work flexible hours depending upon the needs of the department.