As one of the nation's top green builders, Allen Construction specializes in building high-end, new construction and remodeling projects throughout the Santa Barbara, Los Angeles, Ventura, and San Luis Obispo areas. We have won numerous project awards regionally and nationally, and we were named 2016 Company of the Year for employee-owned businesses in the Western States region. We are at the forefront of sustainable, quality building and are looking to expand our team with enthusiastic people who take pride in their craft.
We are currently seeking a highly skilled trades person who can provide outstanding craftsmanship for carpentry and other skilled trades for small residential projects. The ideal candidate in this position will; enjoy working in a fast past environment on a variety of tasks, possess a passion for customer service and producing a top quality product, they will be skilled in both rough and finish carpentry as-well-as other trades. This is an excellent position for someone who has performed residential handyman services on small projects in the past.
Performs a variety of handyman services on small projects including carpentry and other trades. Lays building materials, perform physical tasks, maintains job site clean and provides support to carpenters and project coordinators/managers.
• Education Requirements. High school diploma or GED
• Experience Requirements:
o Minimum 3-5 years carpentry experience
o Minimum 2 years' experience in any other residential trade
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite, email, etc.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability communicate in English with clients, colleagues, and subcontractors to their understanding
• Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to multi-task and work in a busy environment
• Strong attention to detail
• Understand residential construction codes and OSHA safety requirements
• Must have valid driver's license and clean driving record
• Able to compute basic mathematical calculations
• Able to read and understand spreadsheets and reports
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound decisions in the moment
• Must have reliable transportation and tools necessary to complete the required tasks
• Trade School or College degree in related field
• General contractors license
• Handyman experience
• Experience in sales and estimating
• Ability to communicate in a second language, preferably Spanish
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to stand, sit, squat, turn, bend, operate telephone and computer, see, speak, hear, write, work with tools, work in environmental conditions including but not limited to: extreme heat, rain and wind, and lift up to 50 pounds.