As one of the nation's top green builders, Allen Construction specializes in building high-end, new construction and remodeling projects throughout the Santa Barbara, Los Angeles, Ventura, and San Luis Obispo areas. We have won numerous project awards regionally and nationally, and we were named 2016 Company of the Year for employee-owned businesses in the Western States region. We are at the forefront of sustainable, quality building and are looking to expand our team with enthusiastic people who take pride in their craft.
We are looking for a Lead Salesperson with deep knowledge of custom home building and the high-end residential markets in the Los Angeles Area to develop new business, develop proposals/contracts and maintain strong industry/client relationships.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent listener and strong negotiator with a dynamic personality that is able to read a room quickly and is comfortable working with a variety of personalities in various situations. They will have a passion for building strategic relationships, discovering root problems and providing solutions that create life-long client fans.
This senior level sales position is responsible for generating new business, estimating, and crafting accurate proposals, and closing construction contracts for large high-end residential projects in our Los Angeles service area that meet Allen's quarterly and annual goals. Responsibilities including but not limited to: prospecting of new leads, creating strategic industry partnerships, management of project leads and opportunities, project estimating, construction contracts, and hand-off to production.
- Five (5) years of pre-construction project management or architectural/engineering project management experience for high end residential remodeling and new construction projects.
- Two (2) years of residential sales experience, solely responsible for closing contracts
- A high school diploma or GED
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to satisfactorily communicate in English with clients, colleagues, and subcontractors to their understanding
- Strong understanding of contracts and contract development
- Able to read, understand and interpret architectural plan sets
- Possess a technical understanding of residential construction codes, sequencing, and best building practices
- Able to gather information, prepare reports and communicate effectively
- Experience with complex and high-end projects
- Demonstrate experience and passion for quality building and client satisfaction
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to compute basic mathematical calculations
- Able to work on your feet for extended periods of time
- Current Driver's License and clean driving record
- Previous construction sales experience with a sales system
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Architecture or Engineering
- General Contractor's License
- LEED AP designation and/or green building experience
- Computer literate in MS Project, Blubeam and Salesforce