A1 GARAGE DOOR SERVICES
The industry leader in garage door installation and repair, is seeking great people to become a residential and custom Garage Door Apprentice to join our growing family-oriented organization.
The Garage Door Apprentice is responsible for assisting and learning the installation of residential and custom garage doors. We are looking for driven and self-motivated individuals seeking a trade they can grow into a career. The right candidate will be mechanically and technically inclined and possesses the interpersonal skills to thrive in this customer service focused position.
The focus of this job is having a poised and an engaging, empathetic communication style. Natural warmth and enthusiasm are the keys to achieving the goals of this job. The work involves driving toward results by enrolling the commitment and buy-in of others. While the job requires strong initiative and self-direction, results are only achieved with and through people. A sincere appreciation for people and how they are each uniquely motivated is the foundation for designing and implementing interactive communication and decision-making processes. Knowledge and skill in how to successfully influence and persuade others by understanding how their individual needs and motivations link to goals is essential. The job requires a high degree of selling, whether of ideas and policies within the organization, or products or services in the marketplace. The job environment is fast paced and results oriented. A self-confident, extroverted style that can enliven, engage and positively impact individuals and groups is essential.
To the right Garage Door Apprentice, we offer:
- Consistent work
- Health, dental, life, and Vision insurance
- Company vehicle and tablet
- Paid training
- Administrative support and helpful management/technical assistance as necessary
- Highly competitive career Path
GDA P 7.
Requirements for the Garage Door Apprentice:
- Great Attitude
- Mechanical aptitude, including skill in using a variety of hand and power tools, accurately reading a tape measure, and interpreting equipment manuals
- Commitment to customer satisfaction and high-quality standards
- Ability to learn a new software and be comfortable working on a tablet
- Physically able to move items weighing 80-150 lbs. and the ability to bend, climb, reach, kneel, etc. for extended periods
The apprentice position consists of learning in the classroom along with 3 months of in the field training with one of our senior technicians. Upon completion of your apprenticeship, you would be placed on the schedule as a full-time junior technician/Installer.
Duties and Responsibilities for the Garage Door Apprentice:
- Report to training manager daily for tasks
- Report to Senior Technician for field training
- Learn the A1 procedures and policies
- Familiarize yourself with A1 software and tech.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools
- Learn to inspect job sites both pre and post install
Apprenticeships will consist of a combination of Market and Corporate training. You will train in your market for up to 4 weeks, then brought to Phoenix, AZ to train at our corporate office. During this time, you will receive a $15.00 an hour salary. Upon completion of the program, you will graduate to an Installer and or a Sales and Service Technician. Installers are paid commission and piece work per job and average between $1000-$2000 a week. Service Technicians are commission-based, earning 18% of the service ticket as a Junior Technician. Career growth and mobility opportunities are available after successfully meeting the objectives of Junior Tech/Installer.
Check us out!
Background Check Statement:
A1 Garage Door Services conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, drug screen, clean driving record, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
A1 Garage Door Services is an equal opportunity employer
Employment requires current eligibility to legally work in the United States