Perform general mechanical and industrial electrical maintenance work on all production and grounds equipment. Perform duties such as rebuilds, troubleshooting controls and general repairs. Works with pumps, hydraulics, conveyors, and pneumatics. Also performs machine installation, construction, and facility maintenance.
- Perform basic mechanical and electrical maintenance repairs. Responds to all emergency line calls quickly and cooperatively.
- Preventative maintenance tasks.
- Responsible for maintaining and servicing specific equipment such as HVAC, compressors, facilities equipment, powered industrial vehicles
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems on all equipment such as extruders, conveyors, packaging equipment, etc.
- Setup equipment for product changeovers, start-ups and monitor cleaning for the prevention of damage due to improper use.
- Perform basic computer functions such as: work order data entry, look up inventory stock locations, log downtime comments and minutes.
- Set up and operate various power tools and equipment.
- Read and understand meters and gauges.
- Maintain clean work area and practice good housekeeping on a regular basis.
- Actively participate in repairing and communication safety hazards.
- Solid knowledge of industrial mechanics principles including; hydraulics, pneumatics, electric motors, controls, and wiring
- High School or GED.
- 2 year prior industrial maintenance experience.
- Specialized training in welding or fabrication a plus.
- This position requires the incumbent to occasionally experience periods of prolonged sitting and to regularly stand, walk, carry, climb, reach, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- This position requires the incumbent to grasp objects utilizing manual dexterity including hand/finger coordination and the utilization of color vision.
- Warehouse environment with exposure to dust and noise.
- Attention to detail
- Able to multi task
- Ability to be a problem solver
- Ensure legibility, completeness and consistency of required paperwork
- Ability to read parts and service manuals.
- Ability to recognize potentially hazardous situations and the initiative to report/correct these problems.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to work rotating shift, overtime and on call.
- Licensed to operate any powered industrial vehicle.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Able to maintain and excellent attendance and work record.
- Ability to work well under pressure and respond quickly to priority 1 status.
This will be a 3rd shift position, training will occur on days for approximately 1 month.