Responsible for coordinating with FLSA design and field personnel the purchase of materials based upon project scheduling. Update and review bill of materials and resolve discrepancies. Track vendor performance using the Vendor Incident Form, which are then forwarded to the Purchasing Manager for use in preparing Vendor Scorecards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for efficient purchasing of inventory, supplies and capital equipment for the District Office including negotiating price, delivery and credit terms. Receives purchase requisitions and verifies for accuracy and authorization(s). Sources new local vendors as necessary to maintain and support FLSA's quality program.
- Prepares and issues purchase orders; determines and negotiates prices, delivery and credit terms; buys according to established company policies and procedures; maintains accurate purchasing records.
- Assists the Director of Purchasing in evaluating, assessing and selecting vendors based on capabilities, performance, consistent quality assurance, and fire protection technology. Maintains rapport and good working relationships with vendors.
- Expedites purchase orders as necessary and ensures delivery of purchased items for uninterrupted installation.
- Performs other purchasing or inventory control duties as necessary or as requested.
- As required based on performance, complete the Vendor Incident form and forward to Purchasing Manager.
3-5 years of experience as a purchasing professional. Proven track record of cost reductions and vendor management a must. Working knowledge of personal computers, influencing and negotiating skills required. The position also requires the ability and the capacity of interacting well with all levels of the organization, including senior management, and must have the ability to influence those inside and outside the organization. Must be able to help FLSA build positive long-term relationships with suppliers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma, GED, or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Strong working knowledge of personal computer; Microsoft Office and CRM.
Ability to read and write clearly. Ability to present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate large volumes of figures, calculate discounts, and having a working knowledge of spreadsheet programs, such as Microsoft Excel.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
Valid driver's license is required for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will be required to walk job sites, including stairs and uneven terrain. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
About Fire & Life Safety America
Fire & Life Safety America is one of the fastest growing companies in the southeast and is proud of a well-deserved reputation for quality work and talented professionals. Our goal is to save lives and protect property by providing the best fire protection products and services in America.
FLSA is a full service provider that designs, installs, inspects, tests, and repairs all components of integrated fire protection systems. As an essential part of community safety, we provide 24-hour service assistance to residents, businesses, and health care facilities.
Founded in 1997, FLSA is the premier fire protection provider with offices in VA, MD, DC, NC, SC, AL, TN, FL, GA, OK, and TX. FLSA encourages initiative, independence, diversity and personal career growth with sensitivity towards work-life balance.
Our company is consistently recognized for service excellence while enriching the fire protection industry. FLSA supports trade skills and workforce development by hosting Recognized Apprenticeships and on-the-job (OJT) training programs for new career-seekers. Many of our leaders chair NFPA code compliance committees, regional safety boards, and support technical education in local schools. We challenge our employees to continue training and education by encouraging NICET certifications. We continually strive to be the Employer of Choice for highly motivated Team Members who want to succeed in a fast-paced environment. We encourage initiative, independence, diversity, and personal career growth.
Fire & Life Safety America offers extensive training opportunities, career advancement, competitive pay, bonus opportunities, and an excellent benefit package. Our benefits package includes:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance for Team Members and dependents
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Employee Referral Program
FLSA Core Values
- We are PASSIONATE about life safety.
- We have INTEGRITY (Do the right thing).
- We work in PARTNERSHIP with our customers and community.
- We constantly strive for OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE (do things right).
- Our Employee's, Customer's, and community's SAFETY is our #1 priority.
FLSA participates in E-Verify & promotes a drug-free workplace. FLSA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.