Summary of Job:
Plans, directs and coordinates manufacturing operations and manufacturing engineering of the assigned site, and is responsible for improving all aspects of operating performance; such as personnel and process safety, product quality, on-time delivery, workforce productivity and efficiency and profitability. Reports directly to the site VP/GM.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Manages production supervisors and operations and provides leadership on site goals and execution. Sets expectations, provides timely feedback, and evaluates performance of all direct reports, including planning, assigning, and directing work. Motivates team to reach site goals through inspiring confidence and positive reinforcement.
• Leads implementation and user acceptance of new enterprise resource planning (ERP) system. Utilizes and encourages others to use the ERP to drive business planning and results. Uses change leadership concepts to promote sustained adoption.
• Reviews production and operating reports, directs the resolution of operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
• Develops, plans and implements improved processes using lean and continuous improvement principles and encourages the team to adopt methodology. Drives continuous improvement practices to reduce machine setup time, product flow, identifying waste reduction methods, developing and maintaining effective cost containment/reduction strategies. Partners with the Essex continuous improvement team to leverage best practices across facilities.
• Improves inventory management strategies throughout the facility to provide customer satisfaction and reduce lead-time.
• Ensures that the organization complies with all requirements of the quality management system, and works to continually improve operations from a quality systems perspective. Partners with the quality team to establish production and quality control standards.
• Provides guidance to the development of manufacturing process plans, including personnel requirements, material needs, subcontract requirements, facility needs, and tooling / equipment. Participate in quality audits as necessary.
• Models the behavior in respect to compliance with all safety and environmental regulations, and works to create and promote a safe working environment.
• Review financial statements and utilizes data to improve profitability. Plan and deliver effective strategies for the financial wellbeing of the company.
• Assist in the development of plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans.
• Coordinates manufacturing activities with all other functions of the organization and suppliers to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
• Assigns responsibilities of team to accomplish business objectives. Ensures the site has right staffing levels and make adjustments where appropriate to manage business cycles. Trains to ensure all assigned employees are aware of and comply with company, government, and customer policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Identifies the capital equipment and lease-hold improvements for the organization, along with the development of its justification and return on investment.
• Creates and distributes monthly operations reports to conduct GMOR reporting.
• Participates in the annual development of yearly business plan to include the development of product strategy, research, and development of new and emerging products and monitors throughout the year to make adjustments as needed. .
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, manufacturing, finance, operations or business with a minimum of 10 years manufacturing supervisory or management work experience.
• Systems/Computers: Working knowledge of an ERP systems in an operations environment. Proficient in knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, MS Outlook, etc.
• Excellent organizational skills and able to work independently and take initiative when necessary
• Knowledge of lean, TPM, six sigma tools and problem solving methodology
Ability to be a role model of company culture and demonstrate Essex' values, motivates, influences and supports employee career development.
Work Environment & Conditions:
• Combination of office and production environment.
• Good working conditions. Occasional exposure to elements such as odor, noise, dust, heat, cold or chemicals. Some element present, which makes conditions less desirable than usually found in office.
• Needs to be able to work in office and production environment: sit, operate computer terminal, answer phone, stand, and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.