As one of the nation's top green builders, Allen Construction specializes in building high-end, new construction and remodeling projects throughout the Santa Barbara, Los Angeles, Ventura, and San Luis Obispo areas. We have won numerous project awards regionally and nationally, and we were named 2016 Company of the Year for employee-owned businesses in the Western States region. We are at the forefront of sustainable, quality building and are looking to expand our team with enthusiastic people who take pride in their craft.
We are looking for a Sr. Staff Accountant to join our finance team in our Santa Barbara office. This position will be responsible for all facets of day-to-day general ledger accounting and reports to the CFO. We are looking for someone who wants to grow with the Company and enjoys continually learning. The ideal candidate will have meticulous attention to detail, strong analytical skills, and commitment to excellence.
Responsible for maintaining all accounting records and preparing internal and external financial reports. Prepare and review financial statements and follow General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Reconciliation of all general ledger accounts, including bank accounts, prepaid expenses, and deferred revenue reconciliations.
- Responsible for the completion of monthly close and the preparation of financial statements.
- Assist in reporting and monitoring of backlog.
- Assist in evaluation and development of internal control processes and documentation.
- Assist in cashflow forecasting and production revenue projections.
- Coordination with external auditors and other third parties for requests and inquiries.
- Supervising and training the Junior Accounting staff.
Allen Construction offers competitive base salaries and a robust benefit package including but not limited to:
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance,
- Life Insurance,
- 401k plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- And many other supplemental benefits
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 3-5 years of accounting/finance
- Understanding of GAAP principles and accounting concepts
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with ERP systems
- Positive and team-oriented attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team or independently as required
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, commitment to excellence
- Passion for problem-solving, strong analytical skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and meet deadlines
- CPA or CPA candidate
- Experience with Sage 300
- Previous experience working for construction company
- Experience supervising other accounting staff
Must be able to: stand, sit, squat, turn, bend, operate telephone and computer, see, speak, hear, write, and lift up to 25 pounds.
Allen Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages diversity in our workforce. For Los Angeles based positions: Allen Construction will consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistence with Article 9 Sec. 189.03(A) of the Los Angeles Municipal Code.