This position is responsible for the day-to-day supervision of a production team in a safe and efficient manner to achieve quality standards, productivity goals, and cost objectives, while limiting back-orders and shortages.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Leads by example with respect to our Vision, Common Purpose, and Quality Standards: Safety, Integrity, Efficiency, and Creativity
• Schedules and directs team members within the production line ensuring clear understanding of task expectations in safety, quality, and productivity
• Provides team member feedback in the form of recognition for positive performance, coaching and counseling for performance opportunities, and development opportunities for team member growth
• Cross-train and rotate team members consistent with internal performance compensation structure
• Provides leadership in sustaining defined processes and resolving issues
• Maintains time and production records daily
• Ensures the overall integrity of work produced by the line
• Develop, recommend, and implement measures to improve manufacturing methods, equipment performance, and quality of product
• Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of department
• Prepare and present training materials, and communications to team regarding safety, quality, production, 5S, and other key performance measures
• Maintains the overall safety of employees in the assigned work area by reporting all hazards/issues, leading and participating in incident investigations and follow-up, ergonomic and hazard assessments etc.
• Administer Company policies in a fair and consistent manner
• Encourages suggestions from employees, which will improve safety, quality, productivity, and operating cost.
• Maintains consistent communications and regular department meetings
• Performs other duties as required
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business Management, or related field and two to three years of front-line leadership in manufacturing setting, or a sufficient combination of education and experience to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
• Ability to read and interpret work instructions, manufacturing drawings, policies, and procedures in accordance with Company standards.
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
• Ability to develop and foster and maintain a cooperative team-oriented work environment
• Ability to effectively lead, train, and motivate team members
• Ability to work flexible hours in a dynamic manufacturing environment