Maintenance Mechanic - 3rd Shift
For over 75 years Rust-Oleum has been a worldwide leader in protective paints and coatings for both home and industry. Vital to the success and growth of our company is a strong commitment to our customers and employees. Rust-Oleum is currently seeking a Maintenance Mechanic - 3rd shift to join our manufacturing facility in Attleboro, MA.
The primary responsibilities of the Maintenance Mechanic are to maintain and repair plant equipment to ensure safe and reliable operations while maximizing Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Repair and maintain machinery and equipment including: pumps, motors, filling and packaging equipment, conveyors, palletizers, piping, valves, tanks, agitators, drives, gearboxes, and utilities.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Perform inspections and preventive maintenance to ensure compliance with safety and regulatory requirements as well as to ensure equipment reliability.
- Work with filling line operators to efficiently change over line equipment for different label, container, and packaging sizes.
- Improve OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) on the filling lines by Pareto analysis of OEE data and implementation of Lean Manufacturing tools to reduce downtime.
- Maintain all operating equipment in satisfactory condition. Schedule needed repairs to have minimum interference with operations. Troubleshoot/repair equipment in a timely and efficient manner.
- Comply with company safety rules and procedures. Complete daily and shift clean up tasks.
- Communicate results/ concerns/ issues with supervisor and co-workers. Ensure shift to shift hand-off is complete.
- Support and complete small capital projects.
- 3+ years of maintenance experience in manufacturing environment; preferably in chemical/paint manufacturing
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have expertise in packaging equipment, plumbing, and pipefitting, with skills in electrical work and instrument calibration considered a definite plus
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex packaging and material-handling equipment is required
- Ability to do basic math.
- Accurately enter and retrieve computer data.
- Ability to operate machinery
- Ability to solve problems in a team environment.
- Active participation in our Continuous Improvement Process.
- Ability to consistently lift 50 pounds.
- Willing to work overtime as required.
Attleboro, Massachusetts, United States